• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

intake manifold

Ildy666

hey everybody I was out bashing with mt this weekend and couldnt get a good tune.I have a 990 on it and when i accelerate it had a pop.carb low needle wanted to be rich everytime i reset the needles it wanted 1/2 -3/4 turn richer than factory settings.I removed carb and intake to check gaskets and found my intake manifold is warped is this a common problem?I was going to upgrade anyway for the fact i don't plastic intakes for that reason.so i was thinking ada billet manifold or is there something better out there.also what gaskets to use teflon or paper?:confusedIf any ones has a good solution to my problem i would appreciate it.thanx ILDY.... :confused:

Deluge

Yep. That's one of the reasons why I upgraded mine. The plastic intakes warp, among other things. The ADA manifold is nice. I've never had an issue with the Teflon gaskets, but some have. So, you'd probably want to pick up some spare intake gaskets, just in case.

Ildy666

Thanx RCDAD and Deluge for your advice.You guys are always helpful in a prompt manner and always a pleasure to chat on the forum with you guys.I don't know which one im going to buy they all kinda look the same but thanx again and happy easter.

krashkrieg

Contributor
I run the ADA manifold and had problems with the teflon gasket. I like the Lip idea on the other 2 shown here (which look exactly alike to me)

maybe the jug side Teflon won't deform with that lip on it

G

I've inatall three of them now and never had an issue. I've even taken it on and off using the same Teflon gasket. The shape has never been deformed.

I think krashkrieg might be onto something. It makes sense. I always wondered how some were having issues.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Yes, it may be the lip that keeps the teflon from deforming!...Based on that, I'd not recommend the ADA, the other two look very similar, get the cheaper one!

Ildy666

Krash that had to be my tuning problem at bubbling springs.Yea I was thinking the same thing with the two manifolds that they look the same.And if there the same and yes cheaper is always better thanx guys...

Ildy666

Hey, everbody my intake warped and still waitin for daves to get the tall z-rc 53x tall intakes in.Does any body know other than daves where to get these intakes.I found them in england and germany but between shipping and us dollar difference its like 100 bucks.any help would be great thanx ILDY...

leetmodz

Ildy666 said:
Hey, everbody my intake warped and still waitin for daves to get the tall z-rc 53x tall intakes in.Does any body know other than daves where to get these intakes.I found them in england and germany but between shipping and us dollar difference its like 100 bucks.any help would be great thanx ILDY...
Largescalerc is your best bet, but not sure if they have them. The GTB manifolds are another option.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Hey Ildy, not sure why you want the "tall" stack, but the link RCDAD posted is ADA also, so it has no lip on it...

Will the tall stack give you any noticeable increase in torque?

Ildy666

hey whats up krashkrieg,ddm says it gives more fuel volume travel.creating more low end.I figure i need a new intake and the taller is supposed to give more power so why don't i buy it once and be done.i noticed that ada doesn't have the lip.the tall z-rc 53x is has the lip just like the shorter version so i like to try it out.but still out of stock.ttyl....

ChuenouXiao

Ildy666 said:
hey whats up krashkrieg,ddm says it gives more fuel volume travel.creating more low end.I figure i need a new intake and the taller is supposed to give more power so why don't i buy it once and be done.i noticed that ada doesn't have the lip.the tall z-rc 53x is has the lip just like the shorter version so i like to try it out.but still out of stock.ttyl....
I think I will need a new manifold too. So which one is the best upgrade for me? I want the best of the best.... The tall manifold?

Deluge

The billet intakes are more of a reliability upgrade. You won't see a huge power gain. I use the ADA intake on my MT and my 5T without any issues, but I didn't see any noticeable performance gains.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts