• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Instructions for 6mm shock shaft swap.

Here is what I did to use the Baja SS 6mm shafts.

Rear:

1. Remove stock shocks from Rampage (save these for later)

2. You will need a complete set of Baja SS front shocks (part# 87561)

3. Remove ball from top mount of Baja shocks

4. Swap over blue peices to baja shocks (optional)

5. Mount these to the rear of the Rampage

Front:

1. Disassymble rear Rampage shocks

2. You will need a set of front Baja SS inserts (part# 87563) and springs (part# 86757)

3. Assymble shocks using the rear Rampage housings, front baja inserts, and front Baja springs

4. Mount these to the front of the Rampage

Marc101885

Would just swapping the baja ss inserts into all 4 stock housing and then use the ramtech 20% stiffer springs work?

BOOTS

Marc101885 said:
Would just swapping the baja ss inserts into all 4 stock housing and then use the ramtech 20% stiffer springs work?
+ 1 to that, but they may bottom out

kun114

I just did this mod yesterday. It's not a perfect swap. The shockends on the HPI shafts are a little shorter than the stockers. This causes the arm to push up on the spring retainers once bolted in. It's just a little bit and probable will be fine. I'll know for sure once I get a chance to test them.

I'll say it's a no go on just installing the HPI inserts on all four Rampage shocks. The front shocks with the HPI inserts end up being the same length as the stock fronts, but the rear shocks end up being about 10mm shorter with the HPI inserts installed. I ended up using a complete SS set of shocks on the rear, and I used the HPI inserts in the front Rampage housings on the front.

Piranha2

Contributor
Nitro Pit/One Hobbies thank you sooo much for posting this thread. I broke a stock rear shock shaft and was out of commish till I read this. I went down to the LHS and bought a set of 4mm x 105mm Baja 5B shock shafts and with a little ingenuity I confuggered it up to work. I'm BAAAACK.....Thanks again:D

Piranha2

Contributor
Same question......can I just get all 4 HPI Baja 5B SS HD shocks? If the inserts (#87563) are the same as the 87561 then why not just get 2 sets of # 87561 (complete) shocks? From what I can remember the Ramps rears are 7.5" and the front's are 7" and the 5B SS are 7.5".....aww, crap, I confused myself again!

Piranha2

Contributor
I'm still trying to figure this one out.........one post says inserts with "rear" Ramp housings, other post says inserts with "front" Ramp housings........the Ramp "front" housings are 1/4" shorter than the rears so that makes sense.....but why not just use 4 HPI Baja 5B SS 6mm HD "complete" shocks?????

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts