• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

installing 8000 rpm clutch spring

aussie

hi guys

iv got a 8,000 rpm new clucth spring and clucth to fit up.

but im having difficulties trying to put the very hard strong spring on the clutch.

any ideas on best way to fit it ??

what is the best tool or pliers to use to stretch the tough little red spring on ??

thanks

glen

Rammer

Click SEARCH...........

Type in.................

rebuilding the cy 23cc engine

It is video # 7 , shows how to install the clutch......

aussie

hi rammer

it doesn't come up in search iv tried!!!!!!!!!!!

any way,can any one else help advise what tool is best to use installing this fu#cked up strong spring ???

thanks

glen

Rammer

Put the clutch together,by holding both shoes in your hands.Then put spring

on,while holding shoes in hands,and spring in both holes,pull and twist the shoes untill even with each other.Then using a piston stopper,install the clutch

onto motor....

Last edited by a moderator:

max 1

clubin said:
i Tried The Red Spring, And Didn't Like It. Idle Or Full Throttle, Nothing In Between.
I Did,t Lick It Either.idill Or Full Thot To,tom At Python Said To Use Red Spring On Stock Cluch ,dos,t Rev So Hi,have Not Tried It Yet.

hamster huey

I put the spring on both shoes in my hand then attached one screw through one shoe and then the other screw through the other shoe. I tried to put mount the shoes and stretch the spring across to join them but that doesn't work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts