• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Installed Dominator Side Pipe... It Rocks

DemonRC

I just got my new side Dom installed today. It's been drizzling all day so I was limited to runs up and down the street. Performance wise, it rocks. There is a noticable increase in power from low to high. If the weather is good this weekend I'll get some vids of it running on the DS engine.

Clubin

Banned
I am not a fan of the side pipe's but if performance is good what more could you expect.. The Dominators all have very nice chrome and a clean finish, whereas the JP's look like some kid learned to weld on it. lol

It does look better than the JP. By lots.

DemonRC

Ya I'm not a fan of side pipes either, however, I learned on the Baja that there are no great pipes for all around power for the rear end. You kinda have to go with a side pipe. I run a Mielke on my Baja and love that pipe. It performs close to the side Dom. So I figured I'd go with the side Dom for the Rampage since I don't think there's been a crappy Dom pipe for any vehicle in and configuration (side or rear).

After a day of looking at it, the look has kinda been growing on me.... kinda like a tumor.

jigawatt

I've got fresh snow on the ground... so I cant even test out my new dominator pipe :( I guess I'll be waiting for April now.

DemonRC

jigawatt said:
I've got fresh snow on the ground... so I cant even test out my new dominator pipe :( I guess I'll be waiting for April now.
You need to try out sand... errr snow paddles with ski's up front. That would make a great vid.

jigawatt

still waitin to order parts... just need tires/wheels to swap to baja tires now. i finally have the time to install everything with spring break startin monday and all.

kryptonite

oh man!! hopefully you can get some vid of it. im really itching to put a black side dom on my tt.. whats with the brace behind the pull start? did it fit ok?

i put the mt front bumper on as well, but i cut off the side peices and put the little front bumper in the rear.. looks so much better, right. :D

mooman007uk

Banned
catchaser said:
Ya I'm not a fan of side pipes either, however, I learned on the Baja that there are no great pipes for all around power for the rear end. You kinda have to go with a side pipe. I run a Mielke on my Baja and love that pipe. It performs close to the side Dom. So I figured I'd go with the side Dom for the Rampage since I don't think there's been a crappy Dom pipe for any vehicle in and configuration (side or rear).
After a day of looking at it, the look has kinda been growing on me.... kinda like a tumor.
sprints 77dom pipe is rear mounted and makes mega power and is totally protected unlike it is on the 5b, It wont fit the buggy body though.

DemonRC

mooman007uk said:
sprints 77dom pipe is rear mounted and makes mega power and is totally protected unlike it is on the 5b, It wont fit the buggy body though.
Ya I wanted the Sprint pipe but needed something quick and buggy compatible.

pipeous

I love the username, it brings up some pretty vivid images in this demented brain hehe

I personally think the pipe looks great and it's secured well and up off the ground... it would take a a lot of circumstances for anything to hit the pipe there, unlike the low slung side pipes

DemonRC

kryptonite said:
oh man!! hopefully you can get some vid of it. im really itching to put a black side dom on my tt.. whats with the brace behind the pull start? did it fit ok?
i put the mt front bumper on as well, but i cut off the side peices and put the little front bumper in the rear.. looks so much better, right. :D
The fit was great. Everything lined right up. CAn you take a pic of the front bumper chopped down? I would like to see that.

pipeous said:
I love the username, it brings up some pretty vivid images in this demented brain hehe.
Neighbors gave me that name when I used to run my Savage. We had alot of stray cats in the neighborhood :) .... HAD

mooman007uk

Banned
I hate cats, over 4million strays in the UK...was bought up around farms when I was a kid there and pissing stray cats everywhere...12 gauge + kitten = dandelion fluffy head when you blow on it...quite an effect:D

Croozer

mooman007uk said:
I hate cats, over 4million strays in the UK...was bought up around farms when I was a kid there and pissing stray cats everywhere...12 gauge + kitten = dandelion fluffy head when you blow on it...quite an effect:D
Too much info.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts