• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Installed a Charge Port

DemonRC

I picked this up at the LHS and installed it so I wouldnt have to open the radio box. It's an Ernst Charge Port for airplanes. I thought it would be a good option since it has a rubber dust cap that shuts real tight.

str8jailbird

nice and clean. I like it. I myself have a 3000mah HPI pack and dremeled a small hole right under the lid. I used a rubber grommet around the wire to keep the radio box water and dust free. I have a plug cap that goes over the pack charging plug to keep it clean as well. I kinda like your mod better as I have about 2 inches of wire hanging out that I have zip tied to keep it from flopping around.

Piranha2

Contributor
You're hiding something.......I see the air filter, billet pullstart....and some wires coming out of it.....what else ya got? Full pic? :D ...and yes, nice clean install!

DemonRC

Piranha2 said:
You're hiding something.......I see the air filter, billet pullstart....and some wires coming out of it.....what else ya got? Full pic? :D ...and yes, nice clean install!
That's the PB killswitch. I installed it when I did the charge port. I put up some pics and what I've put into the car on this thread:

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=996

str8jailbird

C.B. said:
looks good if only the box was water proof
do you have telementry on your transmitter or is the wire for a 3rd channel kill switch?
I'm not saying I'd throw mine into a swimming pool but I did take it off and use silicon sealer on all the hardware and a ring of it around the lid. That suff will peel off with a little coaxing but does a great job of keeping it form getting wet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts