• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Increase Body Durability?

307_Proud

I was out bashing with my MGT 8.0 yesterday and got to doing some thinking. Im within a couple weeks of purchasing a MT and I know how much of a beating these bodies take, any rc body for that matter. Im pretty familiar with shoe goo and gorilla tape on my bodies to help increase their lifespan. But, what about using an automotive grade. rubberized undercoating spray on the inside of the body? I have never used the undercoating before, so Im not sure how well the product sprays and coats a surface, or how flexible it is? I have noticed that these MT bodies aren't really that cheap around $80 right? I view the shell of the rc a bit of insurance. I rarely run my rc's without the shell, unless Im warming them up. They do their part in protecting the rest of the rc, body posts, shock towers, roll cage. Also from scratching up the cylinder head or other aluminum. Just wanted to throw this out there, if anyone else has pondered this before, there is also a product called Flex Seal too.

phreerider

with the brittle nature of the shell, cracks are coming.

shoe goo/ quick set light polyeurthane and any mesh fabric work well. it won't truly stop cracks but keeps things together longer, shrouds are effective and easy.

weight is a consideration so there some limits, i have considered laminate 2 shells together with mesh layer between. the double spots i have laminated haven't cracked!

custom can go thicker, but gets pricey for soon to be broken junk.

the panel style has merit for keeping it solid like SC truck stuff .

use the auto spray , sure its tough, weight and reaction in heat may be problem...put it on outside . that may help the most!

307_Proud

What is the mesh tape you used? It almost looks like drywall tape, but Im sure that stuff isn't that flexible. Im set on using some undercoating or spray on bedliner. About to take a test run on my brand new MGT body, before it gets all banged up.

phreerider

the toughest is like nylon strapping, or lighter stuff like open mesh laundry bag material, totally pliable, compacts smooth, the coatings themselves are the real body life extenders.

3m 5200 polyurethane works nicely , actually used a sink mat mesh that was the best, worked out thick very tough.

the auto stuff will be cool , take pics

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts