• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Increase battery voltage?

Ice_2k

Hi guys,

I understand the stock battery in 1/5 redcats is a 6V. I noticed that a lot of servos have a specific torque rating for 6V and a significantly larger one (usually +25%) for 7.4V. So, the obvious question is: has anyone upgraded their redcat to 7.4V? Does the Rx support it? How about the stock servos? Anything else I'm missing?

phreerider

Yes lipo 7.4v and Hv servos is considerable improvement . 4200mah by killer RC pretty good choice

Ice_2k

Yes, but what other electronics on the redcat must be upgraded? I'm guessing not all stock electronics will appreciate the higher voltage.

P.S. I was looking at NiMh 7.4V, I'm not a big fan of the "might-blow-up-on-you" character of the LiPo.

Ice_2k

afaik cell phones use Lithium-Ion. The iPhone certainly does. But we're diverging :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.