• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Improvement Thread for the Chimera

RampageHopUps

Alright folks, Redcat is asking for anything you guys want changed on the next builds. I will be meeting with them next week to discuss other changes on the X series, so may as well get this started.

rookie101

Not having the exhaust sitting on the rear part of the cage and pointing at the rear wing would be nice, also easier access to the battery tray. Other than that, it hasn't been run yet, so a bit early to tell.

rcgasser

Easier access to the gas tank. A easier way to get to the on and off button or move the button to the top of the battery box. I agree on having the muffler go under the cage its melts the flag and plenty of oil get on the wing the way its mounted now.

rcgasser

yea I see that part I still left the front of the XB cage off to allow more room.

cordy

Improved chassis stiffeners for the xb. Clear xb bodys.beadlock tires,24 inch wheels.A dual bleed pipe option.Perhaps a roller,no electronics,and no engine.Mount the shocks to the shock tower not the cage as deluge said on the chimera.A quick release for the cage on the chimera.Make the platform user friendly.

Last edited by a moderator:

NUNCHUCKSKILZ

Tell them to go back to the Threaded axles on the Chimera. Unless someone makes adapters for HPI, they are limited to the stock tires and wheels only. The 7075 adapters as well as your adapters work great, no need to have additional adapters made. NEED CLEAR BODY OPTIONS! I have been beg'n my rep for a year for this option.. The rear wing mt on my Chimera was broke in the box. That area will need to have a alloy option. Will not last one roll over..

G

NUNCHUCKSKILZ said:
Tell them to go back to the Threaded axles on the Chimera. Unless someone makes adapters for HPI, they are limited to the stock tires and wheels only. The 7075 adapters as well as your adapters work great, no need to have additional adapters made. NEED CLEAR BODY OPTIONS! I have been beg'n my rep for a year for this option.. The rear wing mt on my Chimera was broke in the box. That area will need to have a alloy option. Will not last one roll over..
The Baja adapters for the MT and DR will work on the Chimera.

NUNCHUCKSKILZ

RampageHopUps said:
Roller won;t happen.HPI Baja Rear hubs 87495 will work as they did for the MT.

Center diff isn;t going to happen.
87495 will not work. I have tried on mine, the hpi is 12mm, the Chimera that I have has 10mm axles. Unless there is some differences in the first run of cars. I tried as soon as it arrived last week.????

Stygian

Banned
one of the main things I would like to see is a clear body option for all X-Series and an option for raw aluminum for the aluminum parts gun metal is just meh.

NUNCHUCKSKILZ

RampageHopUps said:
Wow, my bad then, They looked the same out of the box. I will start machining hubs next week then.
I think if they just went back to the threaded axles all would be good, and then there wouldn't have to be another adapter to try to figure out. All that has to be done now is swap out the axels with the stock X-series axles or FLM axles and we're good. I understand they prob cant switch them out now because they made wheels for those hubs. Just seams to be a lateral move on their part. I have already installed FLM axles on mine with the 7075 adapters. :D

G

NUNCHUCKSKILZ said:
I think if they just went back to the threaded axles all would be good, and then there wouldn't have to be another adapter to try to figure out. All that has to be done now is swap out the axels with the stock X-series axles or FLM axles and we're good. I understand they prob cant switch them out now because they made wheels for those hubs. Just seams to be a lateral move on their part. I have already installed FLM axles on mine with the 7075 adapters. :D
I agree. The ability to upgrade the axle is worth it.

RampageShop

Larger bearings in the hubs and gear plate so we don't have to upgrade these parts to 7075rc or similar (sorry Doug)

G

I'd still upgrade to aluminum. Plastic holds the heat in the bearing. ;)

fishface5

easier access to the battery.

exhaust rerouted.

tolerances tightened up on the front and rear wheels, seem to be sloppy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.