• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

If you had a choice

Tvbest

If you had a choice between the Mt the xB or the Dunerunner which would you go with? I have the xB I like it just trying to get everyone's input on what they think about those three vehicles trying to make my decision between the dunerunner or the Mt. Need the pros and the cons

Phill

Either one will be good.
I have 2 DRs and just prefer the look of them compared to the MT
They're both a much stronger platform than the X series

08zzr600

i love the MT. Just love the look of it and it's basically unstoppable when it comes to be able to go anywhere.

Rcjp

i love the MT. Just love the look of it and it's basically unstoppable when it comes to be able to go anywhere.
Anybody know how to get a EZ pull start or where I can get an EZ pull start for the Mt Rampage?

G-Man

It is all a matter of choice. I have both and would choose the MT. For the simple fact it is shorter wheelbase and handles the bash spots I have near me better. But for all out WOT going over rough terrain or a track the Dunerunner does better for me. The Dunerunner is pretty long. It is the same wheelbase as a Losi 5iveT and MTXL. It also has Rampage MT diffs and trans gearplate. So it is built a little better than the X-series. I got the MT new then got a used Dunerunner. So that is another route if you are a 5th scale junkie like me LOL

G-Man

Anybody know how to get a EZ pull start or where I can get an EZ pull start for the Mt Rampage?
I use the Rovan easy pull starter on my Dunerunner. It works great. I did get their whole kit that comes with their flywheel and the pullstarter assy. But on the MT it may not fit due to the chassis side rail. You could bend that part of the chassis to fit it like I have seen other guys do Any of the aftermarket easy pullstarters are thicker than a normal one. One main issue for the MT. Another option for the MT which I use is the Killer RC Power Starter. You use a drill to start the engine with their system. Here is a link to their site and a video I made using it. https://www.killerrc.com/products/power-starter

08zzr600

i have another stock pull start on the way if you need that. Just waiting on it to arrive from redcat.

Tvbest

So I got the Mt this thing is nice.

Attachments

• 15892126516307588436195098605356.jpg
    15892126516307588436195098605356.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 15892126963618142863637905201446.jpg
    15892126963618142863637905201446.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 3

Phill

It is all a matter of choice. I have both and would choose the MT. For the simple fact it is shorter wheelbase and handles the bash spots I have near me better. But for all out WOT going over rough terrain or a track the Dunerunner does better for me. The Dunerunner is pretty long. It is the same wheelbase as a Losi 5iveT and MTXL. It also has Rampage MT diffs and trans gearplate. So it is built a little better than the X-series. I got the MT new then got a used Dunerunner. So that is another route if you are a 5th scale junkie like me LOL

The thing I like about the MT is the centre mounted motor giving it better handling.
I may get one one day and convert it into a TT which would be the ultimate for me.
Chassis is the same as MT so it would just be gearing . wheels and body to convert it.

Tvbest

Ok thanks for your help I picked up the MT and I need to know if they make a dog bone thinker than the stock one for the center shafts because I was rolling pretty fast and had to hit the brake and the shaft bent. It still works but it will not for long

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts