• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Idle Problems

Cvais123

I have recently purchased a Redcat Rampage XB. I did the appropriate engine break in. All I did was adjust the idle screw on the carburetor and the buggy ran perfectly. I was on the fourth tank and decided to go to a elementary school grass field to drive it on. For the first 30 minuets it ran good. Then, while I was doing power slides in the dirt, the car started idling way to high. I tried to use the throttle servo and nothing was happening. I had no third channel kill switch so while it was idling at about 5-6mph my buddy had to grab it while it was driving to stop it. I thought maybe the battery for the servos was getting low so I stopped after that. About an hour or so later at my house I tried to start it. It started up right away but for some reason it was idling at full rpm. I tried adjusting the idle needle and nothing happened. Same with the low and high end rpm needles. The servos weren't on either. It was just idling at full speed. I took of the carburetor and checked all the screws and nothing was loose. Put the carb back on and it was still the same.

I apologize for the long story but I'm stumped. It doesn't make sense! The throttle isn't open at all and it is at full rpm! Can someone please help me?

P.S. I have had the buggy for a whole 3 days now and it is doing this! :mad:

Please help!

rcgasser

Did you get the sevo to start back working? You replied you have nothing from the throttle servo. If the servo went bad which the stocks ones do often then the servo is is out to far and causing it to be at full revs. Venting the gas tank is a great must also.

Cvais123

rcgasser said:
Did you get the sevo to start back working? You replied you have nothing from the throttle servo. If the servo went bad which the stocks ones do often then the servo is is out to far and causing it to be at full revs. Venting the gas tank is a great must also.
Yes the serveo started working again. It turns out the battery was never dead. The gas cap was vented as well. I checked all of the gaskets and where the carb connects to the engine and found no leaks. It still runs the same.

Badzappa

My problems with that went away when I put in a new plug (NGK CMR7H).

I tried a new carb (wt-990) and still had problems, then put the new plug in and it all went away. I reinstalled the default carb and still running it.

Just a suggestion.

Bebop

Idle Problems

I too have the Rampage, and also had the same problem. And after tightening, cleaning filters adjusting high and low sped needles to no avail, I discovered it was the gas cap. I ultimately took a small nail and tapped it through. This seems to have worked. Otherwise, no amount of adjusting would keep it from ilding too fast, or stalling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts