• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

I need Some Pictures Guys

monsterman

Ok guys

I need some of your Rally car pictures.. I need some good clear shots of the brake cam/caliper area, and center diff and gears.. I am having this weird binding issue that I cannot solve.. The only thing I have done is upgraded to the Billet Clutch Bell Carrier http://www.rampagehopups.com/product.sc?productId=371&categoryId=6

After installing this I've noticed a lot of binding and its either coming from the brakes or the Center Diff. Do you guys think I should go back to plastic or upgrade the center diff holder to billet as well.. Only thing I can think of is that the Center Diff Carrier/Holder is plastic and its flexing..

I am thinking to just get these and give that a try..

http://www.rampagehopups.com/product.sc?productId=365&categoryId=-1

Any thoughts/suggestions?? I am stumped..

pipeous

Check the bolts through the gear and spool, mine was not straight and binding. was driving me crazy. next binding I had was the setscrew on the shaft by brake disc came loose and killed the gears.

I started removing gears and checking to find where mine was binding and that was right from new. process of elimination

Jester

pipeous said:
Check the bolts through the gear and spool, mine was not straight and binding. was driving me crazy. next binding I had was the setscrew on the shaft by brake disc came loose and killed the gears.
I started removing gears and checking to find where mine was binding and that was right from new. process of elimination
Same problem here!! The aluminum brake hub was so screwed up! Those shafts for the brake hub are two separate pieces!! When those set screws get lose it just distorts the hub!! Wish it was steel but it's not!!

lords

so far after a rip down what i have found out is,

the Center Diff.Drive Pinion end (pic1)can get cockeyed in the housing part of center diff set(pic 2) when grub screwed all back up...

----Pic 1----

muy2o6.jpg

----Pic 2----

kcynmh.jpg

same with the first way shaft end going to the diff housing

ictp37.jpg

2zz2ezq.jpg

not saying this can even be your problem

but i am sure of you check that housing over and make sure it proper..

when i ground mine down by the inter ridges of the housing ,it got worse.

weird it was like a small bur(smooth was just over the top of the inter ridge housing)

made it less of a gap within the housing

it would be great of that housing can be remade with more of a craftsmanship this way both shafts can fit in there without a gap causing it to move when grub screwed down...

mine just has a slight wobble but i ran it hard in 4 wheel drive and it held up

i still an going to re-rip it down and make it centered and fill the gap so when you grub screw it down it will not move...

it wouldn't be a problem

and i am sure that the Billet Clutch Bell Carrier is not tend to give up on more flex compared to the stock carrier that gives us leeway .....

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts