• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

I need a fuel tank!

Clubin

Banned
Well, where can I get one?

The rubber thing on the front of the centre crown that would have the front drive shaft dog bone in it moved forward and wore a hole in the tank. Guess my Bajer is sitting now too.

Any one else that has one remove that stupid rubber thing so the same doesn't happen to you.

I will post some pictures later, I have them, only my camera is in the truck.

Clubin

Banned
Well, here are a couple pictures.

May09089.jpg

I moved the mounting holes forward a bit to help for clearance, untill I seen that the rubber thing was working it's way off, the drive cup!

May09087.jpg

Clubin

Banned
kryptonite said:
is that the 4wd drive cup just freee spinning or is the tank in the rear? thought it was up front
The tank is in the front, but the crown and pinion in the middle has the drive cup for the front drive shaft and that is what ate the tank. They cone with a rubber condom like cap on them, but it worked it's way off and did that damage.

The Mt tank won't work, the drive is not centred like the MT/TT. I need to get another tank. Just realy sucks after about 1.5 tanks.

Rob, can I get part's?

I will try sealing it up with somthing to see if I can still use it till I get a replacement.

CB, check yours and get back to me.

kryptonite

oh,i see now.. not sure if it would work for you, but i fixed a tank that had a seem thru the middle that was seperating using ca glue. didnt think it would work, but it held together fine. that really sucks.. good luck

kryptonite

Clubin said:
I don't think the fuel/oil in the fuel would get along very well with the shoe goo.
comon clubin. just put some camo duct tape over it..lol.

speedyd

Banned
there is a brand called plastic weld that i have used with great success in the past. i think it is made by loctite.

btw compared to the 5b,what do you guys think of these buggies?

Clubin

Banned
2 part epoxy and holding fuel. Time will tell. Did you guys notice the Bajer has a Zenoah style clunk in the tank. Prety good.

max 1

i looked at my clunk and it was clear at the top by the groment .was,t even at the botom.good thig i looked.are u having to vent the tank.

pipeous

I used shoe goo to seal leaky fuel line holes on tanks on my fg. shoe goo fixes anything. I had a bad landing at a race with my 8th scale and punctured a big hole in the tank. shoe goo'd a piece of lexan over the hole and made the mains... it'll work

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts