• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

I have the my pro and it’s seems that it doesn’t have a good take off. I tuned it right, I’m running a 1:25 ratio. Do u guys know anything I can do t

Romanator

I have the mt pro and it’s seems that it doesn’t have a good take off. I tuned it right, I’m running a 1:25 ratio. Do u guys know anything I can do to gain some more torque. Is there a gear ratio I can get that can make a difference?

gdl357

That's to be expected with tires that weigh as much as a small sac of potatoes.

stock MT v3 gear ratio -- 25-35-25-25

given the sheer size of it and the wheels gearchartrampage .jpg it's geared for torque, so 25-35-25-25 is the most likely answer for the MT, which would give it a ~1.4 ratio. Either way, does it really matter what the default is? Try it both ways and see which one you like :) Changing it to 25-35-25-25 should give you much better torque, but it will also drop your top speed significantly.

Here is a gear chart u can use to setup different ratios.

owen91

what fuel and octane your using? and what oil are you using i found the redline oil at 32:1 best used for years after a rebuild internals looked good!

owen91

Oh and more sure your not too lean or
too rich cause being too lean also gave me issues

expertbasser

I'm using 50:1 premix. 95 octane.

Zero issues so far. Broke in at 32:1.

Soon as this gallon of 50:1 is gone, I'm swapping out to 40:1.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.