• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

I caught the fever

Marc101885

Well i couldnt resist it anymore, i needed to get myself a 5th scale and it was a fight betweent he fs racing 4x4 monster truck and the redcat mt. Well after reading and reading and some more reading on different forums and checking out aftermarket support i went and got myself the rampage mt. It should be here by friday and i cant wait. By the way it came with the Hitec Aggressor FM radio too.

Just making sure i have everything ready so i can play on saturday, all i need to get this thing going is : 8 AA batteries, 25:1 2 stroke fuel, air filter oil, some locktite and friday night to teardown and rebuild.

Just as a note, i do want to build this thing up, but i am your laid back backyard basher, no sky high jumps or racing, just going around and seeing what i can drive over, maybe chase the dog and cat around lol.

Timmahh

pretty much. i do recommend you buy and install a Remote kill switch to shut the motor down should you have a problem, your Sweet New MT cant run away if the motor don't run

i would also recommend switching over to the baja 5B air filter housing and prefilter, covered with the TGN RedNeck and the Outerwares air filter bag. this will be a motor saver for a long time if you maintain it properly.

use a decent oil and mix with standard 87octane unleaded fuel. Im was using Klotz STP oil, but have just switched to Maxima Castor 927.

Shiny

Timmahh said:
pretty much. i do recommend you buy and install a Remote kill switch to shut the motor down should you have a problem, your Sweet New MT cant run away if the motor don't run
i would also recommend switching over to the baja 5B air filter housing and prefilter, covered with the TGN RedNeck and the Outerwares air filter bag. this will be a motor saver for a long time if you maintain it properly.

use a decent oil and mix with standard 87octane unleaded fuel. Im was using Klotz STP oil, but have just switched to Maxima Castor 927.
That is good advice. But make sure the kill switch will kill if

TX off

RX off

Out of range

Low battery

Interference

lancier

But i thot i heared kill switches aint good for the engine or receiver? If the trucks comes with its own failsafe or the transmitter is upgraded to a high end radio...is there any need for a kill swtich? :confused:

Just_Gerald

yes. A kill switch is always a good idea, because it kills the engine, not just move the servos to a different position. But like Shiny says, make sure you get one that kills it under no power as well as switchable. There is a comparison chart somewhere out on the web, i'll see if i can find it.

Shiny

Just_Gerald said:
yes. A kill switch is always a good idea, because it kills the engine, not just move the servos to a different position. But like Shiny says, make sure you get one that kills it under no power as well as switchable. There is a comparison chart somewhere out on the web, i'll see if i can find it.
OK

Kaz the Minotaur said:
Where can you get one?
You can get it from DDM

Timmahh

DDM offers them from AMS and modified picco (diemaster unit) as well as TGN remote kill switch.

CBE (Gussy) will be introducing new electronic gear very soon which includes a new killswitch/failsafe unit, the ULC (Ultimate Light Controller), and other things.

there is also the Battle Switch from Demension Enginearing.

i have seen all of these units in action, and have installed 3 of them on different rigs. All do what they are made to do, and ALL of them has its own unique way of doing what it does.

personally, Im running the new CBE kill switch in the Hooters Baja, and any other unit i have will get one once released.

jm2c.

Painlesstom

I just installed the kill switch from Rampageshop.com, the RRC-05C. While it works great with my stock 2ch radio / 3ch rx when I turn the TX off, it doesn't shut the engine off when I kill power to the RX. So if something was to happen with the onboard power, the engine would just keep going... Not what I was expecting. Any kill switches out there that will do their job when the power is shut off too?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.