• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

I cant get anything completed on the TT - anyone else have this problem?

macs

I think the bad servo has started me down a long never ending road.

Servo went bad and radio started acting funny. I decided to replace both servos, rx, tx and install a killer bee kill switch. I ordered the parts one at a time as i was deal searching. in the middle of doing this i decided to purchase a new pipe, silencer and clutch springs. Of course the only parts that have showed up are the pipe, servos and killer bee. On monday i started with the pipe. I prepped and painted it, which took me all afternoon. Yesterday i was going to install it but decided to wire up the kill switch first. Pulled off the fan shroud and decided to paint it. I started the prep and noticed a few other things i would like to paint. Before i know it, it's midnight. So basically i have been working on it 2 days and just got it disassembled and painted some misc crap. Now i am wanting to make a clear battery box lid and clean that up. Does this ever end? I feel like the more i take apart, the more i decide i need to do and the longer it will be until i get it together.

Big Bob 13

macs said:
I think the bad servo has started me down a long never ending road.
Servo went bad and radio started acting funny. I decided to replace both servos, rx, tx and install a killer bee kill switch. I ordered the parts one at a time as i was deal searching. in the middle of doing this i decided to purchase a new pipe, silencer and clutch springs. Of course the only parts that have showed up are the pipe, servos and killer bee. On monday i started with the pipe. I prepped and painted it, which took me all afternoon. Yesterday i was going to install it but decided to wire up the kill switch first. Pulled off the fan shroud and decided to paint it. I started the prep and noticed a few other things i would like to paint. Before i know it, it's midnight. So basically i have been working on it 2 days and just got it disassembled and painted some misc crap. Now i am wanting to make a clear battery box lid and clean that up. Does this ever end? I feel like the more i take apart, the more i decide i need to do and the longer it will be until i get it together.
welcome to the redcat world my frined

DemonRC

If I'm not wrenching on my car, I'm fabricating somthing for it. If I'm not doing that I'm polishing alum, deannodizing alum, or painting something on it. If I'm not doing that it I'll use it and the rollcage to hold my beer and ashtray.

Hey since your into painting I'll throw this one into the list. If you get a chrome engine cover instead of the black one, you can knock off all the chrome paint which leaves a semi transparent off white plastic. That plastic can be dyed whatever color you want and will never come off. I'm about to do that time mine this weekend. Oh! A clear radio box lid! That's a great idea. Take a pic how it turned out. I wouldn't mind seeing it. If my wife gives me the 3rd degree for spending extra hours in the garage making a radio box lid, I'll just blame in on you :)

macs

I wish i had known about the chrome cover. that would have worked perfect. Instead i painted mine orange, not quite sure why yet. I guess since i had it? Anyway, between the redcat gold, blue and black. I have added a white exhaust, orange cover and misc. It is really looking a mess but it is diffrent.

On the radio box cover i was going to use some clear plexi glass and basically cut it about 1/4" bigger than the actual box. This way it would be harder for water to seep in. The only issue i am having is to cut the plexiglass and make it smooth. I have never been too good at that. I also have a few 1'x1' squares of plexiglass left over from a HHO build if you want one. I live in deer park and work in katy, so i am confident i get close to you throughout the day and drop one off.

Any suggestions on cutting the plexiglass will be useful.

rpking

The best way to cut plexiglass is to score it on one side with a very sharp utility knife and then bend it or snap it away from the cut, the way you would cut drywall the hard part is, as with drywall is cutting a straight line, You could clamp a straight edge of some kind to use for a guide. Good luck

racetruck

I cut plexiglass with a hacksaw or a table saw then sand the edges and take a propane torch and lightly go around the edges and heat it till it turns clear don't get it to hot it will bubble :D

airflow

too much time

since I got the Rampage 2 weeks ago, I have been up until 2am working on it or reading / learning about it.

kryptonite

i feel you, back when i had my "hobby room" i would stay in there for what felt like days. i would dread the site of the sun coming up over the dust of my over heated dremel. for music i would log onto youtube and "auto play" vid after vid for background effects. Brrap, Brraap.. i would clean, polish, paint, fabricate, de-ano. and then move to the next rig and start all over again. welcome to the never ending, completly addictive, and blisfully harmless, hobby of 5thscaling. im on the verge of a relapse:eek:

DemonRC

I have tons of lexan that I can use for this. Thanks for the offer though. The way I get my edges all nice and neat is to mark the lexan plastic covering, rough cut it with a dremel as close to the lines as possible, and then clean the lines up on a belt sander. I just use the table and guides on the sander to get all the lines straight and corners squared up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.