• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Hummer bodies

satchevelli

I previously posted this question in the wrong thread.Sorry...Wanting to know if the FG Hummer body will fit the Rampage MT and If so where can I purchase a few? Also I've seen postings on "Tempering" Metal parts. Which parts in particular and how long should you temper them?

DemonRC

I sent an email to FG asking them about the width on the bodies to see if they will fit the Rampage. All I got back from those SOB's was that "the bodies were made to fit FG vehicles and not any other 1/5 scales". Pretty lame response. Anyways, I bet they will fit. Maybe not around a Rampage side pipe but I'm sure the wil fit.

Z

ZielkeRacing

They are very close. The wheel wells distance is just a bit short. You will need to make long rear body posts also. If you trim the side for the exhaust they will also fit around the side mount Dom. I am installing the FG Jeep on mine today, will post pics tonight.

csp1971

Contributor
catchaser said:
I sent an email to FG asking them about the width on the bodies to see if they will fit the Rampage. All I got back from those SOB's was that "the bodies were made to fit FG vehicles and not any other 1/5 scales". Pretty lame response. Anyways, I bet they will fit. Maybe not around a Rampage side pipe but I'm sure the wil fit.
I tried my Beetle Pro body on my Rampage (just set it on), the wheel wells seem pretty close, the front could move a little closer to the front bumper:

rc023.jpg

Z

ZielkeRacing

Here is mine too. This is an older paint job but what the heck. Seemed to drive good too! I started on the Jeep body, but didnt really fit what I was looking for (more of a sporty look). I will mount the TT wing mount kit next.

P5120005.jpg

P5120006.jpg

/monthly_2009_05/P5120005.jpg.8a38f78b8b8d00583d80389440adbe89.jpg

/monthly_2009_05/P5120006.jpg.a1d9ddc272c194822a0efa700ec17d51.jpg

Last edited:

kryptonite

hey "z" when you put the rear wing mount on you can also mount the front tt bumper on the rear so its not "empty" back there. you cant run the mt rear bumper with wing mount. wont fit.

rear bumper 002.jpg

/monthly_2009_05/583c60587257f_rearbumper002.jpg.9cba69f63a3f3138b8da740d1aeddb09.jpg

Z

ZielkeRacing

Right, thats what I was going to do. The beetle shell was a last minute decision today. I think the wing should look pretty cool.

Z

ZielkeRacing

Sorry too... If I had the dimensions of one I would give them to you. I don't have one in stock right now. If I do soon, I will.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts