• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

HSP truggy / rampage TT5 build

chrispc66

Hello all. Recently registered 1/5 scale enthusiast here from Aussie.

Thought I'd share my first 1/5 scale project based on a 26cc HSP truggy. I'm led to believe the rampage TT5 and this are the same unit...basically.

Hop ups include..

Aluminium suspension parts

Spool locked front / rear diffs

Metal gears. 31-29-26-24 now, also run 35-25-25-25 for top speed.

8000 RPM clutch

Velocity stack, high flow air filter

Other home mods...

HSP power pipe, (should be called restrictor pipe)..LOL...cut back and modded to reflect high exhaust expansion rate / high flow...works well too. Is basically straight out with a 1" straight section, the expansion chamber and a 2" straight stub held in place by the OEM pipe clip. All GTAW brazed together. Nice and strong.

Home match bored inlet/ exhaust ports using tungsten burr and low speed rotary tool to match bore and clean up internal rough spots...hey, it's a HSP basher, but this sure did improve performance.

Plans..

Outerwears, home produced dogbone cup covers....probably home made from copper pipe and loctited in place, upgraded dogbones, axle extensions to increase wheel options, upgrade the shocks.

Sorry pics are too large to attach to this post based on using an iPad and pic size limits here but I do have a nice build thread within the large scale down under forum in Aussie.

Cheers all and I am really enjoying reading the threads on here as I can recognise the parts etc. :D

cordy

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you have done a lot of work on your platform.

G

Sorry pics are too large to attach to this post based on using an iPad and pic size limits
Use Photo Bucket. It will resize your pics automatically.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts