• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

HPI SS Pipe Conversion

Sprint 77

Contributor
I am going to modify a header for a HPI pipe and get the fit right and see how long it takes so I can offer a header mod if you want to ship it to and from. Have pics soon.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Video What of me welding it together? I don't do video plus I might not be able to run my truck for weeks it is a $900 shelf queen for making parts and pipes and stuff. Anyways Here some pics haven't cleaned the pipe up yet and I know end tip is smashed got it messed up from a member for mock up.

HPI pipe on MT 001.jpg

HPI pipe on MT 002.jpg

HPI pipe on MT 003.jpg

/monthly_2008_07/583c60530c94c_HPIpipeonMT001.jpg.d698dc0a7818ff2cee21c39e5dabd35f.jpg

/monthly_2008_07/583c60530e29f_HPIpipeonMT002.jpg.ad7873d7582fb182e310264febce55cb.jpg

/monthly_2008_07/583c60530fbb6_HPIpipeonMT003.jpg.2b31ee8f067b102092cdff76ca40c4bc.jpg

Sprint 77

Contributor
We got this pipe finished and fired it up on MoFroggy truck today. I also had his RD Logics pipe off his 5B and confirmed my I have what I need to change the RD Logics pipe header to fit the truck too. So if you all find these pipes used or want them to fit PM me so we can make shipping arrangements for the header, so I can mod it.

satttheman

i shipped my header i cant wait to get it back!!!

Sprint 77

Contributor
Header

satttheman said:
If you shipped it with extra return envelope in it I will get it back in mail next day after I get it unless it was to come on a Saturday then it would be Monday. I will drop you a Pm when I get it. This should make a good economy fix. Actually maybe even better than on a 5B because it is better protected on Rampage and that seems to be the biggest Problem for the HPI SS Pipe is damage so easy.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Header mod DONE !!

satttheman said:
I got your header today It is welded and cleaned up . I will ship it tomorrow Thursday the 17 of July I got it boxed back up and ready to go. Enjoy You should have one nice pipe for the $$ The HPI SS is good just gets beat up on baja and header is to close to head both are addressed on this mod.

jjac

You can also bend the header enough to make it fit. No cutting, and no welding. Thats the first thing I did when I got my truck...

Sprint 77

Contributor
Yes I suppose you could , but you still suffer the problem of the expansion chamber bend real close to the head. Also the exhaust exit is better fit to turn down away from body with a 90 degree fitting. It makes it look as if the pipe was made for the truck not bent around to make work. The header is no weaker by cutting and welding , maybe even stronger.

jjac

Heat it slightly, bend it. You can't even tell it was bent, still looks stock.. Try it out..No cutting or welding. Not trying to crap on your show, just making a statement..

Sprint 77

Contributor
jjac said:
Heat it slightly, bend it. You can't even tell it was bent, still looks stock.. Try it out..No cutting or welding. Not trying to crap on your show, just making a statement..
Well if you like yours better than post a pic so people cam decide for themselves. I seen the pipe on the truck b4 I used one to fit the fixture looked like it was to close to motor and a body shock tower oiler since it didn't sit back far enough, but hey if that don't bother you then that is great. I like my things to look right and function with still being able to work on other things around it.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Note: On the monster Truck body as with most of the aftermarket performance pipes we are going to find out. This conversion after some testing ( Thanks MoFroggy ) will require a little more airflow. a hole will need to be cut in the bed floor at the header to pipe connection. I will be sending a CAD actual size drawing, with all new header mods for you to use to trim the hole in the right place.

satttheman

it came yesterday it looks amazing nice and polished. guys send in ur ss headers it def worth $20 better than chopping up a dom pipe its a great fix until pipe come out for the rampage

MOfroggy

Sprint 77 does good, fast work at a reasonable price. He has done some work for me and he has always treated me right. He has a lot of other Rampage mods in the hopper and should be coming out with them soon.

He is probably the only Rampage owner on this forum that has not run his truck yet. He spent the bucks on his to use as a test bed for making mods that will benefit all of us.

MOfroggy

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts