• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

hpi ss pipe any good and fit?

blurred vision

Is the ss pipe good for power? Does it fit okay and how are you guys bracing it. Thanks in advance.

Sucram

The ss pipe i used on my 5b was OK. Freaking loud but- louder then the dom. The dom made the most mid range torque on a ported 23cc. I liked the rd lodgics pipe, quiet and gave a very good power curve.

Not sure how any of these will fit on a rampage but

kryptonite

the ss pipe is ok. not gret or anything. it also needs some "tampering" with to get it on and i don't like the way they look all "jacked up".. if you don't want to shell out for a side dom, then think about the 5t can. its huge and gets great power. supossidly better then an X-can.

blurred vision

Its not a money thing as I have the jetpro pipe now. I just cant get over the big turd on the side of the body and want a under body rear exit. Sprint 77 sound good, but I want somethind that exits the rear. Have an x-can to and it just seems to flat line and thats it. Hoping a ss pipe would make good power.

kryptonite

blurred vision said:
I just cant get over the big turd on the side of the body and want a under body rear exit. Have an x-can to and it just seems to flat line and thats it. Hoping a ss pipe would make good power.
love the choice of words..lmao!! i also agree with the X-can. there is no real power band. just really flat and kind of chokes at the top. try the ss pipe if you have one. its way better then the X-can. (i hate mine!) im trying to think who just put one on?? had a pic too.. the thing i didnt like was the fatr body of the pipe is right under the rear body mount..

here it is.. with pics!!

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=1907

Last edited by a moderator:

blurred vision

You would think that some manufacture would make a rear pipe for this as there is all kinds of room.

Sprint 77

Contributor
I do a SS header mod for $20 that gets rid of the Krytonite quote " all jacked Up " look and makes the pipe little more sturdy, I am not doing anymore rear mount ss pipes though they work great but to vulneable to damage.

lumax

Hey Moo, did you build that roll cage ?

This is one of the best design I have ever seen, look rock solid !!!

Congrats for the pipe, good work... but you may turn around your fuel thank, would be easier for refueling the beast

DemonRC

I'm working on a SS pipe right now using the HPI SS steel header. Instead of the "curl" being vertical it the bends for the header will lay horizontal and the pipe will lay in front of the rear shock tower. If I make the header go toward the non-refueling side of the tank I should be able to refuel without a problem. The pipe should fit under the MT body slammed all the way down since it will not protrude above the shock towers. I'll get some pics up once I get to cutting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.