• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Hpi filter mod help

josh's_XB

Hi guys, a little help here :)

okay so i upgraded to the hpi filter

I moved the throttle link over next to my brake links (as meantioned in mod)

trimed off the the servo horn

reversed my receiver in able to go forward and brake properly

moved my spring and the tite screw on the brake link from the front to the rear

and now my only question is :

1. failsafe

2. say for instance, if i ever run out of battery on my receiver, my servo would automatically hit the brake (stock) before the hpi mod,

but now that i have trimmed of the stock servo horn and did the filter mod, how would i reverse the servo to where if im out of range or out of battery it would brake instead of being on full throttle.

the servo is still on stock mode, i have reversed the receiver now, how would i make it brake instead of full throttle?

(Remember i have done the link shift, and moved the spring on the brake link from the front to the back) and if i was to turn off my receiver it would automatically go full throttle, i want it to brake.

lemme know how u guys solve this problem to hpi filter mod, thanks

josh's_XB

Deluge said:
Rebind and reset the failsafe with the throttle reversed. Also, do you have a kill switch? It's far more reliable than a failsafe.
how would i rebind?

btw, i do have the failsafe connected, but don't know how to rebind :)

any clue? thanks deluge :D ur tons of help, i have read ur other post also

rcgasser said:
1+ on the kill switch its a life saver!!!!!!!!!!
btw, where can i buy the cheapest one? (in price wise though) :D

Deluge

FS-GT2

That should be the manual for it. Binding instructions are on page 9.

Also, if you're running the stock in-line failsafe, here's how to set it. It's an OFNA, but all in-line failsafes are set up pretty much the same way.

OFNA Micro Fail Safe

I'd recommend you get a kill switch. In-line failsafes are known to cause issues with receivers and servos. Look into it.

KillerRC

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

Check out this video. It might help :D

[ame]

[/ame]Continue to part three.... i think he talks about fail safe and binding.... I think I remember last time him talking about configuring a manual configuration regarding acceleration and braking or steering, I think.....

josh's_XB

thanks guys, problem solved :) :D

tat was an easy fix thumbs up

ChuenouXiao

How did you fix it? I'm assuming you use the Alishamao's part 3 video on setting fail safe but backward according to your setup? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts