• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

hpi air filter

ipsagel

Just a clarification from you guys who are more experienced to make sure I'm doing things right. I'm changing my stock air filter with the hpi dual stage air filter. I am confused because as it comes from the package the inner foam element (the white one ) is already pre oiled while the outer foam (black) is dry. Do I leave it that way? or do I need to oil both the outer and the inner foam upon installing it to the engine? Any idea is much appreciated.

DemonRC

I always lightly oil the outer. I don't use hobby filter oil though on the outer just he inner. For the outer I use a lighter grade K&N oil which you can buy at Autozone or any other auto parts store. That's just my preference though.

ipsagel

catchaser said:
I always lightly oil the outer. I don't use hobby filter oil though on the outer just he inner. For the outer I use a lighter grade K&N oil which you can buy at Autozone or any other auto parts store. That's just my preference though.
Thank you guy for the tip. I will do it to my filter too.

DemonRC

Anytime man. Also, if you buy the K&N filter recharge kit you will get a spray bottle of cleaner solution. That stuff is awesome. It works almost as good as nitro fuel for cleaning filters. Also, one other thing that I've found handy is that if you have an Advanced Auto Parts store around they sell there own brand of carb cleaner. It works well for cleaning filters too. Other carb cleaners like Gumout have too much acetone in it which will break the filter down. The Advanced Auto Parts stuff cleans well and is alot milder. I always pick up a few cans of it to clean my car. One more good thing about it is that is leaves a WD-40 like oil on whatever it cleans so it pretty good at rust prevention and leaves things shiny. Other carb cleaners just evaporate.

Sucram

kero to clean your filter. Its what unifilter reccomend so the glue/s or filter doesn't break down.

Of late I just use hot soapy water... Just as good

kg2mb

Simple Green,cleans good rinses down the cause its biodegradeable:)

DemonRC

Hey slacker I'm still waiting for you to sell some of that stuff :D . Do you have any plans for selling it?

hamster huey

On my HPI filter I leave the outer filter dry and the inner filter I use Traxxas air filter oil. I clean both with liquid hand or liquid dish soap then re oil.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts