• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

How to remove fuel tank stopper/gromet???

Petrolheadz100

How is his gromet / stopper removed? It seems to be pretty tight i don't want to break it. Going to replace fuel lines but cannot get this thing out....also does anyone know the size of the fuel line from these rampages? CHIMERA ? 20180421_214029.jpg

sunoco

Patience and persistence
and a big claw hammer helps too-- yup mine is leaking- the permatex motoseal held for years. but it eventually gave up the ghost. not 100% shure this is going to fit-- there is one for a rovan coming- we shall see. If you have a model shop close, Dubro makes these with a screw in the center of the plug.- it has to be for gas though-- silicone will not work.-- The fuel lines? go to a small engine repair shop-- ask for tygon fuel line.-- the good stuff at a fair trade.

Petrolheadz100

I need to first remove this gromet and then i can takd the fuel line to a shop to replace it. How about fuel filters does redcat offer any or they only come with the tank as a set?

sunoco

I need to first remove this gromet and then i can takd the fuel line to a shop to replace it. How about fuel filters does redcat offer any or they only come with the tank as a set?
my advice? if its not leaking, leave it alone. as for the in tank filter- go to ddm- type in zenoah fuel filter.- zenoah has a winged filter- use that one. oil the gas line lightly that has the gas filter- push it down enough to be able to use a wire with a 1/2 loop to fish out the filter tru the gas cap hole- all these brands of cars have mickey mouse gas tank plugs. all of them. go to a hobby shop- or online. look for dubro brand model gas tanks- IF the holes are the same size- you might be able to use the dubro gas tank hardware- but- you will need to buy a gasoline conversion stopper. I cannot tell you 100% if the holes are the same size- redcat than hole-- dubro gas tank hole-- i am 100 miles distant from a hobby shop here- If this idea will work-- its shure worth while---

Petrolheadz100

my advice? if its not leaking, leave it alone. as for the in tank filter- go to ddm- type in zenoah fuel filter.- zenoah has a winged filter- use that one. oil the gas line lightly that has the gas filter- push it down enough to be able to use a wire with a 1/2 loop to fish out the filter tru the gas cap hole- all these brands of cars have mickey mouse gas tank plugs. all of them. go to a hobby shop- or online. look for dubro brand model gas tanks- IF the holes are the same size- you might be able to use the dubro gas tank hardware- but- you will need to buy a gasoline conversion stopper. I cannot tell you 100% if the holes are the same size- redcat than hole-- dubro gas tank hole-- i am 100 miles distant from a hobby shop here- If this idea will work-- its shure worth while---
ok thanks i was looking for the price of 16.00 i just figure if the lines get hard just swap in a new tank

sunoco

ok thanks i was looking for the price of 16.00 i just figure if the lines get hard just swap in a new tank
reason for saying - to remove the gas tank on this series car-truck- you have to remove the entire back end- if you do replace the gas tank- might as well overhaul the entire rear gear box- new bearings- split the diff assembly- replace the silicone- bearings- i promise you- your gear boxes ring and pinion gears are bone dry- might as well do the entire unit just one time.- in the long run, you will be better off--

Petrolheadz100

reason for saying - to remove the gas tank on this series car-truck- you have to remove the entire back end- if you do replace the gas tank- might as well overhaul the entire rear gear box- new bearings- split the diff assembly- replace the silicone- bearings- i promise you- your gear boxes ring and pinion gears are bone dry- might as well do the entire unit just one time.- in the long run, you will be better off--
I already regreased both diffs after breakin, they still feel good, i can get the rear shaft out by removing the center diff, and replaced the center diff bearings just because , all the other wheel bearings i cleaned and lubed up with oil. Have gou used he inline fuel filters on these or will that cause any fuel flow restrictions? Thinking on getting one of these s-l500.jpg s-l500.jpg

Dusty

I already regreased both diffs after breakin, they still feel good, i can get the rear shaft out by removing the center diff, and replaced the center diff bearings just because , all the other wheel bearings i cleaned and lubed up with oil. Have gou used he inline fuel filters on these or will that cause any fuel flow restrictions? Thinking on getting one of these View attachment 14073 View attachment 14073
I HAVE THIS FILTER ON MY MT .. NO PROBLEMS AT ALL WITH IT . IF YOU PULL THE RETURN LINE OUT OF THE GROMMET FIRST IT GIVES YOU A LITTLE MORE COMPRESION ON THE GROMMET SENSE YOUR RELEASING A LITTLE RESISTANCE. STILL A TOUGH CHANGE THOUGH

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online