• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

How to install SuperBee kill switch

GJB56

Two part question:

Will the SuperBee kill switch work with the stock radio TX (RDR-2C)? Sure hope so since I already bought it and radio upgrade will be a while.

It there a link or video on how to install it? Primarily on the ignition coil side?

Ice_2k

Btw, I found that soldering the wires to the new stop button is much better.

phreerider

Ice_2k said:
Btw, I found that soldering the wires to the new stop button is much better.
i have resisted soldering them, if i can find a good one! i may do that but all seem kinda fragile. remote kill !! went for a while without a button on unit.

Ice_2k

Btw, regarding always stopping it using the kill-switch... there are warning labels on the tx and rx saying that turning off the rx first will damage the servos. What's that about?!

phreerider

Ice_2k said:
Btw, regarding always stopping it using the kill-switch... there are warning labels on the tx and rx saying that turning off the rx first will damage the servos. What's that about?!
ALWAYS, Tx ON first!-----> then unit rx ON

the remote kill only grounds out ignition, the Tx/Rx still are active and ON

Always ,(after kill) rx unit OFF first -->then Tx last

other wise if u turn rx on (without TX signal) it just blast the servos with unsignaled power pulse

phreerider

Ice_2k said:
I only have 2 channels so remote kill can only be achieved by Tx off.
i would only use that for an absolute emergency, not regular shut down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online