• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

How to change clutch spring with out a piston stopper

d.rosenhoover

So I tore my XB all down to change the clutch springs and the last 2 bolts holding the clutch on is impossible to remove with out the piston tool. Does anyone have any ideas to help me out

Last edited by a moderator:

cherryride

i popped the springs off with a screw driver and then used cresent wrench in the space to hold it while i loosened the hex bolts.you can also take out the plug and stuff a small rope inside the cylinder to hold piston,but don't get rope in an open port.just move piston down far enough to put rope in enough to stop the piston.

G

They are a really tight fit. If you scrape the paint off the ends of the spring that will help.

alfred e numan

I just put a leather glove on -hold the flywheel and grunt! Never use a piston stopper or rope either. Just ride dirt bikes for 45 years on weekends and run chain saws- heavy tools- and you will have Popeye forearms. 5-8 ft pounds of torque will become nothing. lol!

cherryride

alfred e numan said:
I just put a leather glove on -hold the flywheel and grunt! Never use a piston stopper or rope either. Just ride dirt bikes for 45 years on weekends and run chain saws- heavy tools- and you will have Popeye forearms. 5-8 ft pounds of torque will become nothing. lol!
I use to be a timber faller. I always just stuck the starter rope down the hole to replace a broken chain drive wheel.Easier than carrying saw back up the hill to my truck. lol

rampagemt

Ya I got sick of waiting so ordered from ddm I think gizmomotors stopped carrying cuz not on there site anymore

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

G

I bet their just out of stock.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts