• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Holes on the gear cover? how?

vifrio

After reading thru this forum, I have seen many people swear that their melting gears problem was solved by venting the gears thru holes on the gear cover.

Can anyone show me some pictures of how they did this?. I assume you guys also used some kind of screen in the holes to avoid debris from entering?.

Also what about grease?. I suppose no grease should be used if holes are present in the cover to aviod dust build up on the grease.

Thanks for the help, I am a new Rampage TT owner, this truck rocks!.

kryptonite

hey frio. so im not a strog believer in the grease method. its hard to seal the cover, its hard to get the grease to stay on the gears and it just makes a mess.(in my opinion) i have run with out a gear cover many times now with no problem at all. many models don't even come with gear covers. i cut a hole in the side of the cover and found that rocks were settling on the bottom of the cover with no place to go. so i put mesh inside and havent had any issues at all. and my gears show little signs of wear. there is a few more pics on this thread, but this is what i did. http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=1435

gear cover mod 002.jpg

/monthly_2009_05/583c6058806da_gearcovermod002.jpg.c6655ab7ed683b2cd68500939443f870.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts