• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Hitec d845 for single servo steering?

Petrolheadz100

At 6v the Hitec D845 servo puts out over 550oz torque. Anyone using one and know if it bolts in with no modification?

G-Man

It wasn't hard at all to drill two more holes and countersink them for the bigger futaba mount. Then the d845wp fits perfectly. I have not had a single steering complaint from that buggy since I built it. It's well worth the 20 minutes of drilling. The gain is amazing. Then if you use a 2s lipo that servo becomes a finger snapper lol

Petrolheadz100

It wasn't hard at all to drill two more holes and countersink them for the bigger futaba mount. Then the d845wp fits perfectly. I have not had a single steering complaint from that buggy since I built it. It's well worth the 20 minutes of drilling. The gain is amazing. Then if you use a 2s lipo that servo becomes a finger snapper lol

drilling won't be a problem just the countersinking, i never done that, have pics of yours?

G-Man

These make life a little easier. There are bits without the tapping threads that do the countersink all in one too. These are just what I had on hand for another project
https://www.ebay.com/itm/6pc-Drill-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Check out this thread I created. It goes through all the upgrades I have done to my DR.
https://www.redcatrampageforum.com/threads/dunerunner-rebuild.14228/

If that Futaba mount and servo are going in a MT no mods are needed, the chassis has predrilled countersunk holes for the bigger mount

Petrolheadz100

If that Futaba mount and servo are going in a MT no mods are needed, the chassis has predrilled countersunk holes for the bigger mount
Ahhh, ok i don't know why i thought this was the MT in the pictures....so that d845 servo fits in that futaba mount ? I thought they didnt have same dimensions

G-Man

that Spektrum s 90 20 volts right into the Futaba mount? Also does the d845 bolt in that mount?
Yes both of those servos bolt right in the aluminum Futaba mount. There is two pics above with both servos installed

Petrolheadz100

Yes both of those servos bolt right in the aluminum Futaba mount. There is two pics above with both servos installed
Thanks Gman went ahead and got the mount and the d845, im running 6v so over 550oz should be plenty on single servo setup, also going to get the 050014 aluminum single servo setup

pfrederi1

I use that saver too. Let me know how the d845wp does in the MT

Hey G-Man Im having trouble with this (POS) "piece of s&%$" steering servo s9020 in my MT PRO. Brand new and its the second time its broke after buying and replacing the gear top replacement. The gear keeps breaking teeth. Normal driving and bashing no jumping. Im thinking maybe the single servo setup is too much maybe??? Even with this "strong" servo.

Have you had better luck with the HiTec d845wp?? And if I went this route will i need two servos or just the one d845wp will work??

Im not sure why the s9020 at twice the price keeps breaking. smh. Im going to see if Horizon will replace or see what they can do. Im done with this servo. Any help appreciated.

Thx

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.