• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Heyns Racing MT build

Heyns Racing

Advertiser
Vendor
Here is the start to my MT build. I got this thing used at a great price a few months back. I am going to start the build today. I havel already started removing parts. I am going to do a complete rebuild. any tips or trics are welcome.

first stop is the diffs.

HERE WE GO

001-46.jpg

G

Wow orange gear plate. I haven't seen one of those for a while.

Heyns Racing

Advertiser
Vendor
got the diffs out and apart. they are looking good. just some cleaning and new fluid adn grease I should be good.

005-28.jpg

Heyns Racing

Advertiser
Vendor
ALL the diff bearings where good, however I had to replace the wheel bearings. got my electronics ready to go in.

HS-5765 for steering and HS-7954 for t/b. losi 7.4 3300 lipo to pwer it up.

001-47.jpg

also went with the CPI pipe.

001-44.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

REVOlutionary Rampage

cordy said:
I`m waiting on that pipe myself.
That is a very nice and powerful pipe. it woke my otherwise stock truck right up. You wont be disappointed. I run hose clamps though, instead of the included spring because it leaked, with the spring on around the silicone coupler. Besides the spring & coupler, I have had no other problems.

Deluge

Sweet! Have you tried the side Dom for the MT? I wonder how it compares to the CPI. The side Dom is a great torque pipe. Which is what I prefer, since the MT is super heavy.

rampage idiot

Doug from ESP has not used a CPI pipe yet but he talks very high of the side Dom, I really like my CPI but I am thinking of trying the side Dom when RCDAD gets the belt drive parts in

G

rampage idiot said:
Doug from ESP has not used a CPI pipe yet but he talks very high of the side Dom, I really like my CPI but I am thinking of trying the side Dom when RCDAD gets the belt drive parts in
Just waiting on Ol'fart at this point. Should be soon.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Heyns Racing said:
ALL the diff bearings where good, however I had to replace the wheel bearings. got my electronics ready to go in.HS-5765 for steering and HS-7954 for t/b. losi 7.4 3300 lipo to pwer it up.

also went with the CPI pipe.
You can do the Diff Case Mod when you put them back together

I just searched a bit but can't find the thread. Maybe someone else can chime in.

You should trace the Alumin shock tower brace that comes with it. It didn't last very long and since I have made one out of stronger sheet metal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.