• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Here is easiest way to remove Gear Plate IMHO

krashkrieg

Contributor
Thought I would type this out to help other Rampage newbies.

Since getting my MT, I've had to remove the gear plate too many times already for various reasons. (pre-run; clutch issue; clutch spring; brake pad stop; pinion grub)

I have found the easiest way IMHO to expose the clutch, or work on the brake / pinion area takes removing 12 screws and 3 bolts..even if you have the HPI air filter on you don't have to remove it.

-First remove the 3 screws that hold the top of the disc brake area and loosen grub screw for brake lever (remove lever)

-Next remove the 2 screws from the bottom and the 4 brace screws that hold the center Crown gear in place.

-Now you can remove the 3 bottom screw that hold in the gear plate.

-Finally remove the 3 bolts that hold the plate/ clutch bell on.

You can now wiggle the whole piece up over the brake post and pull the whole deal out to work on whatever you need to!

I'll see about adding pics later....

Hope this helps some of you lessen frustration and gets you back up and running sooner... :p

lightning73

Ive had to remove my gearplate several times as well for very similar circumstances, after the first couple times you say to yourself "there has to be a right way to do this". And thats the same method I use, it seems like a lot to do but its really not and it goes real quick once you have done it a few times. Great post krash!

Speeddreemin

This will help me out soon cause I plan on switching this steel gears with the aluminum plate!

lightning73

Good deal! Kind of amazing the difference a simple little spring can make don't you think. Its like comparing the turtle and the rabbit in a race. Launches so much better off the line ya gotta love it!.

imaudi5000

Bump for great help.
Although, I did have to remove my air filter and carb to get to the center diff brace screws easily. Also, be careful when you remove everything, don't want to drop a bearing or something on the floor.

I snapped a clutch spring today. Luckily I didn't have a runaway! Time to upgrade!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.