• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Help! with the gears

k.jensen

Hey all, My XB came stock with metal gears, but what is the std gearing then??

also my problem is mostly this:

I installed my new jetpro and wt-990 carb, adjustet the carb as perfect as possible, BUT

I can hear the power in the engine, yet nothing comes out of it, theres no difference from half to full throttle, and yes the throttlepin goes all the way down.

witch gearing would be best:confused:

31Tx1 - 25Tx2 - 29Tx1

or

35Tx1 - 25Tx3

thanks in advance!

csp1971

Contributor
k.jensen said:
Hey all, My XB came stock with metal gears, but what is the std gearing then??
also my problem is mostly this:

I installed my new jetpro and wt-990 carb, adjustet the carb as perfect as possible, BUT

I can hear the power in the engine, yet nothing comes out of it, theres no difference from half to full throttle, and yes the throttlepin goes all the way down.

witch gearing would be best:confused:

31Tx1 - 25Tx2 - 29Tx1

or

35Tx1 - 25Tx3

thanks in advance!
I'm getting the same as you bud. I switched my gears around (31-29-25-25) and the top speed sucks. I'm disappointed because my hog of an MT with the DDM pipe and a 28.5 will mop the floor with the XB. I have mine tuned perfect and it just doesn't have the top speed that I expect. I guess the next step for me is a headkit.

Here's a gear ratio chart:

gearchartrampage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonRC

I run the equivilent of a 35/25/25/25 gearset on my belt drive and I'm not even close to bogging. It's a good balance of top speed and torque if you have a big engine.

If you running the stock engine w/ a pipe or a 26cc a 33/27/25/25 would be a good start. 31/29/25/25 is just too slow on the XB.

k.jensen

well I'm going for a good mix of top and buttom, my bottom (torque) is great,

it reaches the top speed in no time.

I run the stock 30cc engine with the jetpro sidemountet pipe.

guess I'll try the

35Tx1 - 25Tx3

just to see how it runs with that.

thanks for your input guys :)

k.jensen

racetruck said:
sounds like you have a bad carb try and richen the high end needle and see if it gets better or not
tryed that, no change, u can hear that the engine takes alot of rpms but the gears cant keep up

racetruck

go to A-31 and B-29 if from half throttle to full it should make a change with any gears check and see if the baffle moves all the way you said you just put on the 990 put the old carb back on and run it to see if it makes a diff.

csp1971

Contributor
I've got the same set up he has, except mine has the stock carb, I still have lots of low end after switching the gears around and it made a hair difference. My carb is tuned perfect, spark plug is a nice brown. The top end is just disappointing. Mine revs high as hell but it just doesn't have any speed at all.

k.jensen

my redcat dealer just informed me that those gearratios are the old ones and he would like me to try out the 29x31x24x26 that's whats hes running

DemonRC

33/27 or 35/25 guys! Anything lower than that such as a 31/29 is gonna be a total turd on the top end.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts