• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Help with gearing-mt

TPSF

Could someone walk me through what gear goes where to lower(more low end)?

TPSF

Does this look right? There super hard to turn and when I let off the gas the rc stoops without brakes.

Attachments

• 20190923_082437.jpg
    20190923_082437.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 16

TPSF

Is there an aftermarket gear I can get to reduce the gearing further? I have a modded one engine and I'm trying to get it to wheelie

msupercharger

25A and 35B tooth count on your stock gears is as low as is available.Your binding problem is probably the brake plates binding.Try taking the actuator rod loose and move the cam shaft by hand to see movement.You might have to loosen and retighten the assembly.The actuator cam is probably binding the plates against the brake discs.I had this problem with the XT, and that method solved it with no further binding.Study the manual exploded views for assistance.Remember too,On four wheel drive vehicles,the front drive wheels are pulling the front of the vehicle downwards when spinning.Only way to make the truck wheelie would be to disconnect the front shaft from the center differential.Be cautious as she is not designed to send all the power/torque to the rear diff/wheels only and you will still have a lot of weight forward...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.