• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Help!! mt center diff problems

yessirre

Replaced bearings pinion and diff gear and now Gears not meshing correctly tight spots while rotating drive line? any way to set gear back lash (depth) Any help will be greatly appreciated as I also have a MT pro and do not have these issues thanks

Motakitty

I had to do this on my xb. I put washers in between the gear and holder where the gear screws to.

Motakitty

It took me a few days and pulling the center diff out a few times to think of and find out how to adjust the gear mesh

Motakitty

Someone should make some washers to adjust the gear mesh

Ol' fart

log onto McMaster Carr. They have round shims in all sizes. Just type in "shim" and follow the options to round shims and pick the size you need

rampage idiot

yessirre said:
Replaced bearings pinion and diff gear and now Gears not meshing correctly tight spots while rotating drive line? any way to set gear back lash (depth) Any help will be greatly appreciated as I also have a MT pro and do not have these issues thanks
Heed what I am about to say this happened to me !!!! make sure the bearing holders are in the correct position you want the ring gear to be as close to chassis as possible if you flip the mounts upside down they will bolt up but the ring gear sits too high and does not mesh with the pinion gear correctly!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.