• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Help Just got new tt ( Charge Battery)

Aundre3000

I will start engine break in tomorow but it does not say how long you are to charge the battery!!!

How long do you charge the battery?

Do you let it charge over night?

DemonRC

A good investment would be a digital NiMh charger that shows voltage and where you can set the charge rate. There are many you can pickup from $30-$50.

If you use an overnight charger I'd suggest you put it on for at least 12 hours if it's that 250 mah charger I'm thinking it comes with.

Aundre3000

Thanks man I put it on for the night and my wife will take it off for me about 11 today.

Also I have another charger that came with my savege the tower power model 402 AC/DC charger. The adapter for the battery will plug into it but I cant find my chargeing book for that charger to see how long to charge. Do you think I just can wacth the meter that has numbers and one side says discharge and the other says charge?

racetruck

I would say that your tower power charger don't charge nimh batterys i would go buy a new peak charger i use the duratrax 220 it runs 59.99 what is the nice thing about this charger is you can change the safty timer so you can charge the batterys at the slower charge rate and not time out it will charge the 4200mah at a 1.5 amp it takes 220 minuites to peak a 4200 battery and the other duratrax chargers have the safty timer set at 90 minuites and can't be changed. just something to look for when you get a new charger here's a pic of my charger.

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a188/racetruck/?action=view&current=P8190024.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online