• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Helllllllppppppp!!!!!!

Yroc5975

after the break in process i was driving my Rampage MT and then all of a sudden i would hit the throttle and it would rev up but would not move! Im new to 2 cycle so i need help please!!!!

Attachments

• 2D7D9EE2-0D3E-4440-8E72-FF811531B552.jpeg
    2D7D9EE2-0D3E-4440-8E72-FF811531B552.jpeg
    396.3 KB · Views: 6

Yroc5975

Check the set screws on the gears

Its missing completely but looking in the manual i cant tell what size i need to order! Wiuld you happen to know?

Attachments

• 2129397A-E0FD-49FB-94C6-7D843CE060A6.jpeg
    2129397A-E0FD-49FB-94C6-7D843CE060A6.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 12

Phill

Its missing completely but looking in the manual i cant tell what size i need to order! Wiuld you happen to know?

I just checked the manual and the part number is wrong.
I THINK it's 4mm x 4mm but i'm not sure.
There are only 3 sizes on the truck 4 x 4 , 5 x 5 and 6 x 6.
They're only cheap so you might as well buy a pack of each.
You'll need em sooner or later.
When you put the new one in take the others out and use blue Loctite on all of em.

Yroc5975

I just checked the manual and the part number is wrong.
I THINK it's 4mm x 4mm but i'm not sure.
There are only 3 sizes on the truck 4 x 4 , 5 x 5 and 6 x 6.
They're only cheap so you might as well buy a pack of each.
You'll need em sooner or later.
When you put the new one in take the others out and use blue Loctite on all of em.

I ordered a variety pack and got some lock tite as well! Thanks a lot

G-Man

I ordered a variety pack and got some lock tite as well! Thanks a lot
Go through the whole rig and pull every screw out one by one that threads into metal and use that blue loctite. There are setscrews down in the brake shaft that like to work themselves out also. Unfortunately the one can only be accessed without the brakes on. Also another spot for the setscrew to come loose are on the CV axles, the screw holding the cross pin in the CV joint comes loose and the pin gets lost. Loctite that screw also, shrink tubing can be installed around the outer portion of the axle where the pin goes through for extra pin retention. Hope this helps!!

G-Man

Ok thanks, i didnt know that! I will be heading by lowes tomorrow
Sweet!! That is when I really need it now, I go there. Not in a hurry I get the size and buy from ebay, can get a 50 count for cheap

Yroc5975

Sweet!! That is when I really need it now, I go there. Not in a hurry I get the size and buy from ebay, can get a 50 count for cheap

Got the set screw in place and now this

MY RAMPAGE WAS IDLING AND ALL OF A SUDDEN OUTTA NO WHERE IT REVVED UP AND NOW MY DIFFERENTIALS ARE F**KING LOCKED! I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM WITH THIS RC AND I HAVENT EVEN BROKE IT IN YET! THIS RC IS BRAND NEW! FOR REDCAT TO BE CLOSED ON A WEEKEND SUCKS BC MOST OF US WORK MON-FRI AND ONLY GET TO ENJOY OUR HOBBY ON WEEKENDS AND TO NOT BE ABLE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH SOMEONE SUCKS A**!!!

G-Man

Got the set screw in place and now this

MY RAMPAGE WAS IDLING AND ALL OF A SUDDEN OUTTA NO WHERE IT REVVED UP AND NOW MY DIFFERENTIALS ARE F**KING LOCKED! I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM WITH THIS RC AND I HAVENT EVEN BROKE IT IN YET! THIS RC IS BRAND NEW! FOR REDCAT TO BE CLOSED ON A WEEKEND SUCKS BC MOST OF US WORK MON-FRI AND ONLY GET TO ENJOY OUR HOBBY ON WEEKENDS AND TO NOT BE ABLE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH SOMEONE SUCKS A**!!!
Calm down bro You will get it. So when you try to push the truck by hand without it running it won't move? Did You remove any of the nuts holding on the gears? Give us a better idea what Your issue is We will get it on the ground running and You will be grinning!!!

Yroc5975

Calm down bro You will get it. So when you try to push the truck by hand without it running it won't move? Did You remove any of the nuts holding on the gears? Give us a better idea what Your issue is We will get it on the ground running and You will be grinning!!!

If i push it by hand it will not move! I haven’t removed anything nots or anything! I tried starting it appropriately 1hr ago (5:15pm est) and the pull cord will not go back in! I got this truck on Dec 6, 2017 and haven’t been able to drive it bc of all the issues ive had with it! Its very frustrating when you spend $800 and from day 1 you are having all these problems!!!!

G-Man

It sounds like your brakes may be hanging up or adjusted too tight. Is the servo released from hitting the brakes? Or did something else come loose and it is hitting something or binding something? Try turning each wheel separately and see what happens?
And Yes it does suck spending a ton of money on a rig for it to be broken from the start. Redcat will work with You though, just have to wait till Monday as You know. Try to put your fingers on the brake discs and see if they are free, They should wiggle a little bit

Yroc5975

It sounds like your brakes may be hanging up or adjusted too tight. Is the servo released from hitting the brakes? Or did something else come loose and it is hitting something or binding something? Try turning each wheel separately and see what happens?
And Yes it does suck spending a ton of money on a rig for it to be broken from the start. Redcat will work with You though, just have to wait till Monday as You know. Try to put your fingers on the brake discs and see if they are free, They should wiggle a little bit

The brakes seem to be tight with VERY LIMITED movement! Servo is clear and nothing seems to have come loose!

Bigpopa64

Redcat has a good warranty on their products go on their site and let them know if it's a warranty issue they will send you replacement parts

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online