• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Headbolt Access Holes

hamster huey

This mod makes it easy to access headbolts. You need a dremel or large drill bit. I have done 3 headgaskets so far, one was part of a headkit. I learned to retighten/check the headgasket bolts during/after the first tanks or two so the gasket can compress fully. I did it on my Ramp and Baja.

kryptonite

i did something just like that but i cut straight across on the fan shroud side. i still have about 1" of the head cover that wraps around. i still need to take it apart to remove the head, but i can tweak my head bolts and keeps the grass from sizzling on the fins. someone did tell me once that i should leave the head cover complete becouse it allows proper airflow over it... just a quick pic

head shoroud 001.jpg

/monthly_2009_05/583c6058cbb31_headshoroud001.jpg.440c72a93a289b38fb2a14132c9a6e5b.jpg

hamster huey

I heard the same thing about how the flywheel fins move cooling air over the head with the shroud in place. That killed my idea of removing the shroud.

kryptonite

ya, i still run that way and don't have any tunning issues. some heads like the ds and trever simpson cant run head covers. but i guess its just always safer to follow the rules..lol..

Piranha2

Contributor
Thanks H2, this is what I like, the easy, simple, inexpensive tweaks that make our RC'ing a little easier.

nanoali

nice, why i don't think it before???Lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts