• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Having trouble with my steering

BoostedTRex

For some reason I’m not able to get full turn in either direction on my Rampage MT. If I disconnect the links to the servos I am able to have full motion at the servo with out any binding from what I can tell and by manually grabbing the wheels I have full motion with any binding. What could be the issue? My thoughts are either my servo savers are too loose or possibly not getting enough power to the servos? I’m not sure, any suggestions?

madcat

Have you looked to see if there is anything hitting? Also make sure whatever battery you are using onboard the MT is fully charged, and last thing I can think of is your controller, if the end points, or range setting is off you won't get the proper steering deflection. Try setting up your controller again.

BoostedTRex

I figured it out, the trim screw was turned all the way down on the Transmitter. So now I have full motion again but I stripped the gears in my servos.

biggo

I figured it out, the trim screw was turned all the way down on the Transmitter. So now I have full motion again but I stripped the gears in my servos.

You never want full range on the trim.

1st, make sure the servo saver is adjusted properly, it's sole purpose is to prevent stripping the servo gears. At full turn radius if additional pressure is applied like in the event of a roll/flip, the servo saver is supposed to take on that pressure to avoid stripping gears.

2nd, set your trim limit to the max turn radius, no more otherwise you're putting too much stress on the servo as well as shortening its life span.

You should do this with the throttle servo as well.

Just realized "trim" isn't correct but I can't think of the feature at the moment. Too late I suppose. Have to reply later after my brain decides to get some rest.

Last edited:

Phill

You never want full range on the trim.

1st, make sure the servo saver is adjusted properly, it's sole purpose is to prevent stripping the servo gears. At full turn radius if additional pressure is applied like in the event of a roll/flip, the servo saver is supposed to take on that pressure to avoid stripping gears.

2nd, set your trim limit to the max turn radius, no more otherwise you're putting too much stress on the servo as well as shortening its life span.

You should do this with the throttle servo as well.

Just realized "trim" isn't correct but I can't think of the feature at the moment. Too late I suppose. Have to reply later after my brain decides to get some rest.

I think you meant to say end point?

gavsta72

Yes, prop the car up and turn the steering full right/left, and adjust the end point so it's just shy of the maximum travel possible. This will save your servo as it's still trying to turn the steering even though it's maxxed out.

Do the same with the throttle and brake, this will save linkages snapping, and also damaging the carby

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.