• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Have Rampage Buggy; nice but it has a few faults

emu67

Well, I finally pulled the trigger and got the Rampage buggy with the head kit on it. I was going over it today and found out the both rear shocks had problems. One should wouldn't cycle because the plastic thing that rides on the shock shaft was too big for the shock body and it was binding. The other rear shock is actually a front shock so it's shorter than the other rear shock. Darn it!!! I wanted a perfect, new truck.

Oh well, I fixed the sticky shock and it works great now. I guess I'm stuck with the shorty until I can get a replacement from the folks I purchased it from (I sure hope they honor my request). But, you know, I can't wait to run it so I stuck my Nomadio radio in there, checked the failsafe and servo throws, and tomorrow the buggy will be de-flowered and be no longer a virgin. (I sure it'll be ok running one front shock in the rear - it seems ok when it's on the ground :confused: ).

Oh - will someone please tell me how to service the stock air filter?? I could not find a way to get the filter out to check it for any filter oil.

Garrett

The foam just pulls out of the front of the plastic housing. Should be 2 layers of foam (dry from factory) followed by metal screen

emu67

Yes, I discovered that. Thanks. It's all oiled up and good to go.

I'm another victim of the throttle servo. What a piece of shXX! It only lasted 10 minutes while breaking the engine in.

The Red Cat people seriously need a better QA system in place. It's a nice vehicle but it has too many things wrong with it considering it just came from the factory.

I'm really hoping that a $1,000 vehicle doesn't quickly become at $1,500 vehicle just to get it running reliably.

Gas Jocky

Working on these things is part of the hobby, I personally enjoy it. There is not one RC on the market that doesn't need any fixes. I've done quite a few mods to mine and it is the best most durable RC in my collection and I might add for the cheapest purchase price for a 4wd 5th scale. Just my 2 cents.

bcbob

Gas Jocky said:
Working on these things is part of the hobby, I personally enjoy it. There is not one RC on the market that doesn't need any fixes. I've done quite a few mods to mine and it is the best most durable RC in my collection and I might add for the cheapest purchase price for a 4wd 5th scale. Just my 2 cents.
Plus 1 on that!

emu67

Yes, I hear you on that and I like tinkering with my stuff too. But, it would be great to be able to go the the track with a working vehicle before I start fixing things. I've had to work on my Rampage just to get it road worthy. I'm sure I'll appreciate it more once I get to the track; I've been drooling over a 4 WD gasser ever since I started running fifth scale when the first Bajas came out (and talk about having to work on those...!)

RampageHopUps

You just need around $200 more to get it race worthy. Simple fixes are already in place. Read around here and you'll see its fairly simple to get some good results.

emu67

I've been reading the forums and I got that part. Thanks for the estimated price to prep it to race readiness. I just wish there was organized racing in Las Vegas; that would be totally great!

Maybe I'll make that 3 hour trip to Riverside for some racing if those guys are still doing it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.