• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gotter Up and Running

RenoReno

I finally finished the work today replacing a few missing screws and bolts and finished the diff cup replacement yesterday, on the MT I scored for $400 on ebay. She ran pretty good on her first trip out to the neighborhood park. Only problems were the exhaust stinger coming loose and the pull cord not wanting to retract very well after pulling. I was running it through grass and I thought it was doing pretty good, then I hit some harder dirt without grass. Holly cow! the thing is a beast and mine's still bone stock.

You guys think the pull start's going out, or just in need of adjustment and lube? The rope itself shows negligible wear.

G

The pull-starter might just be dirty. They are pretty much a disposable product. If you have the time and patience they are rebuildable.

RenoReno

I pulled it off and started cleaning it and the spring sprung. I'm thinking it's dead. Confound allen screw will not come out either. No worries, they're not too pricey.

Here's a thought that came across me after I pulled the cover. There's a nut in the center of the flywheel. I'm thinking of getting a nut driver for the size it is and cutting the handle off. I can then chuck it into my cordless drill. It's a 20v lithium, so I'm pretty sure it's got enough oomph to turn of the motor. I could probably find an old socket and extension too, but I like the idea of a single component, so there's no chance of the socket getting stuck to the nut when I pull the drill back from it.

Anyone tried it before? Or think it's a good of bad idea?

rob

You flywheel will be exposed without the cover that is a bad idea if you want to use you drill to start it get a starter made for that or just replace the pull start

G

I have one of those KillerRC rotor starters they work really well. Nice product.

RenoReno

That looks like a pretty sweet little mod. I just ordered another pull start from Amazon today. I'll wait for the new one to crap out and get one of those from Killer RC. Besides they're out of stock right now. Looks like it would work with the body in place too, if you were to cut a small hole in the body to access the drive.

claude bigelow

I went with this pull start, recommended by RCDad. I think it's a great product, also if you have any problems each piece can be replaced. Only thing is cost, runs about $119 but I believe it to be well worth it. Available at Dave's Discount motors. Just my 2 cents.

RenoReno

Those are both really nice. That Turtle is a work of art. That's a beautiful upgrade.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.