• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Got a stock Mt Rampage runs good but bogs down at low throttle till gets halfway through half throttle then picks up and runs fine just bogs down

Rcjp

My mt Rampage bogs down from idle to half throttle after half throttle it picks up and runs fine but running a stock small canister muffler with stock clutch not sure I may have the needle settings not correct, any suggestions?? Thanks

Rcjp

My mt Rampage bogs down from idle to half throttle after half throttle it picks up and runs fine but running a stock small canister muffler with stock clutch not sure I may have the needle settings not correct, also seems to get hot with the body on it without the body it seems to run better any suggestions?? Thanks

owen91

My mt Rampage bogs down from idle to half throttle after half throttle it picks up and runs fine but running a stock small canister muffler with stock clutch not sure I may have the needle settings not correct, any suggestions?? Thanks

if it bogs like motor cutting off? might be too lean richen the low speed screw then test

if it bogs as in slow take off might be too rich then lean it with the low speed screw

Rcjp

if it bogs like motor cutting off? might be too lean richen the low speed screw then test

if it bogs as in slow take off might be too rich then lean it with the low speed screw
Thanks for the info but I might have another problem when it seems to get hot and then it has an awful smell like something's burning and I get some bubbling air up through my fuel tank?? Like the tank is being pressurized big time?

owen91

Thanks for the info but I might have another problem when it seems to get hot and then it has an awful smell like something's burning and I get some bubbling air up through my fuel tank?? Like the tank is being pressurized big time?

Look up on venting the tank maybe that might help

Also the smell anything leaking like gaskets?? or the clutch burning maybe??
I had a smell too it was my rubber coupling on my exhaust silencer

Rcjp

Look up on venting the tank maybe that might help

Also the smell anything leaking like gaskets?? or the clutch burning maybe??
I had a smell too it was my rubber coupling on my exhaust silencer
It could be the clutch shoes I just put another set of shoes on but think they were used the coupler on my stock muffler into the pipe is a radiator hose off a vehicle maybe that's it, not sure, I was thinking about just taking the motor out and getting a 34cc rovan motor but not sure if maybe I should get the zenoah 29cc engine not even sure if either one of those two will fit or the bolt pattern is the same??

Rcjp

It could be the clutch shoes I just put another set of shoes on but think they were used the coupler on my stock muffler into the pipe is a radiator hose off a vehicle maybe that's it, not sure, I was thinking about just taking the motor out and getting a 34cc rovan motor but not sure if maybe I should get the zenoah 29cc engine not even sure if either one of those two will fit or the bolt pattern is the same??
also just remembered the carburetor was loose so I re tightened it check the gasket everything was fine ran it after that and it only seemed like to go half throttle doesn't want to spool up past that, unless I picked the truck upoff the ground and then wide open throttle seems to work?, Which is why I was thinking of just getting another engine

owen91

Both of those should mount right up but which ever motor you get make sure you get a pipe too even if its a knockoff anything is better than a stock can limits most power

owen91

also just remembered the carburetor was loose so I re tightened it check the gasket everything was fine ran it after that and it only seemed like to go half throttle doesn't want to spool up past that, unless I picked the truck upoff the ground and then wide open throttle seems to work?, Which is why I was thinking of just getting another engine

Did you at all try to change carb settings the screws

Rcjp

Did you at all try to change carb settings the screws
Yes, readjusted carb, 1 1/2 HS and 1 1/4 LS then tweeked LS to 1 1/8 not much difference, still has burning smell, and only goes half throttle, wondering if clutch is wore?? Like I said if I lift up off ground, and rev up it goes full speed to the point of wheels expanding?? Not sure what's going on??

owen91

Yes, readjusted carb, 1 1/2 HS and 1 1/4 LS then tweeked LS to 1 1/8 not much difference, still has burning smell, and only goes half throttle, wondering if clutch is wore?? Like I said if I lift up off ground, and rev up it goes full speed to the point of wheels expanding?? Not sure what's going on??

Ah okay gotca then yes could be clutch
Try a whole new one

The burning smell then could be your clutch shoes if its just slipping not catching! worn

Rcjp

Ah okay gotca then yes could be clutch
Try a whole new one

The burning smell then could be your clutch shoes if its just slipping not catching! worn
Ok that's what I'm thinking, Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts