• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Good lipo and nimh charger

jonathan13

Hey guys I am looking for a new charger to charge my nimh battery pack on my MT. I figured this would be a good section to ask about a charger.

Obviously the stock charger that comes with the MT is pretty slow so I am looking for one that will charge my battery pack much quicker. Also, I plan on getting an electric Redcat in the near future (looking at the xtg pro) and I will be getting a lipo battery for it as well so I need a charger that can charge lipo as well as nimh.

I know a charger is not something that you want to cheap out on but my budget for a charger is around 50 bucks. I don't need a bunch of cool features or anything fancy. I just want a decent charger that will quickly charge nimh and lipo. Can that be bought for $50 or less? What do you guys recommend? Thanks!

claude bigelow

Not sure about everyone else but this what I use. It comes with like 10 different connectors, cost was $70. I just picked it up at my local hobby shop.

jonathan13

Looked this one up and it seems like a really good charger. I'm gonna check my local RC store and see if maybe they have a used one. Heck, they will probably have a used one of some sort that is what I am looking for even if it's not this exact model.

andyken

jonathan13 said:
Hey guys I am looking for a new charger to charge my nimh battery pack on my MT. I figured this would be a good section to ask about a charger. Obviously the stock charger that comes with the MT is pretty slow so I am looking for one that will charge my battery pack much quicker. Also, I plan on getting an electric Redcat in the near future (looking at the xtg pro) and I will be getting a lipo battery for it as well so I need a charger that can charge lipo as well as nimh.

I know a charger is not something that you want to cheap out on but my budget for a charger is around 50 bucks. I don't need a bunch of cool features or anything fancy. I just want a decent charger that will quickly charge nimh and lipo. Can that be bought for $50 or less? What do you guys recommend? Thanks!
I got a onyx 235 charger off ebay for about $60 , will do up to 6s and life,nimh,nicd

jonathan13

That is a nice looking charger as well!.. I will look around and see if I might be able to find one of those used as well.

Deluge

If you feel comfortable modifying PC power supplies, you can run the charger off of that, as well. Super easy and cheap. Just make sure it's an ATX power supply and over 50W. The power supply I modified is 350W, and it was free. Can't beat that.

G

The Turnigy products are nice.

+1 on the PC power supply.

These power my charger. 36v 2250 watts and cheap.

jonathan13

That accucel-6 looks freaking sweet for that price. It just so happens I am comfortable moding a PC power supply, as I have been building desktop computers since I was about 12 Years old.

Dad, that setup looks like it would charge 6 recreational vehicles at once. That thing is a beast!

Knuckles

I love my Hyperion duo charger, it is pricey though. But I be on some kind of hero when I go bashing and people forget to charge there batteries the night before

G

The one you posted is smaller. 5a

The one Deluge posted is 7a.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online