• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Good carb upgrade for Rampage MT?

ChAoTiCzz

what's a good carb to run the rampage mt with the DDM tuned pipe or can it run with the stock carb

ChAoTiCzz

The stock carb is ok. I'd run it till it failed then install a Walbro wt990 or Walbro wt1107. The 990 has no choke where the 1107 does have one. I have both carbs and like them equally. There are other choices also.
Is it pretty easy to tune the carb

G-Man

How many times to turn the H and L needles on the walbro wt1107 before trying to start it
I leave the needles where they came in the box. Start it up run it around the yard to warm it up, strap it to a cinder block and have at it. It really depends how it is running to what fine tuning is needed. Typically just very small increments lean or rich, like 1/16 of a turn.

Phill

I leave the needles where they came in the box. Start it up run it around the yard to warm it up, strap it to a cinder block and have at it. It really depends how it is running to what fine tuning is needed. Typically just very small increments lean or rich, like 1/16 of a turn.
The 1107 wouldn't work on my Zen 290
Kept bogging no matter how much I leaned it off
I now run a 668
Exact same carb as a 990 but has a choke.

Phill

westsiderkg

Ok tks. Sorry for the misinformation!

By the way which air filter works best with the 1107 on the 32? Baja or you? Any direct fits? Velocity stacks needed? Tks.

G-Man

Pretty sure Dave has a 990 with optional choke. Has anyone installed this yet?

http://www.davesmotors.com/av990walbrowt990withbearing.html
That model of the 990 You linked is for the modified one. They put rubber sealed bearings in the carb for the throttle shaft to ride on. Honestly I don't think they are any better. I think the most important thing is the Team Chase primer bubble filter. This little add on filter keeps all the dirt out from when priming the bubble, it wont draw in dirt. That has killed a few of My carbs till I put those filters on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.