• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Go faster With Rampage Xt

danbohn

redcat racer 89 said:
I bought my engine from ddm,it's a cy29cc with a stuffed crank rated at 3.5+ hp,plus my tuned pipe is rated to add 1.5-2hp,a walbro 998 carb,k&n filter and msd sparkplug wire,I'm looking at close to 5-5.5hp,that's alot for my xb
I just bought a 29.5 wild child from dogpileracing.com... so hopefully its fast i aslo changed the clutch spring to 8000rpm and i am putting on hpi tires (bowties) and rims.. but i also had to buy the adaptors to make the hpi rims fit. they are 23mm rims. I got the tuned redcat exhuast but when this winter comes this is going and a much better pipe is going on..

did you gain any tops speen with that motor you bought cy29cc? i was looking there to but dogpileracing claimed they were better and faster but not buy much

danbohn

Dirtconvert said:
Should have gone electric. Stock electrics are faster than what you have described, not to mention more reliable, no tuning, lighter, cleaner and easier to maintain. I gps'd my xbe at 49.8mph and that was in a small space. Just my two cents. Gas are great if you have no neighbors.
I always had eletric.. wanted to change it up..haha... i don't mind the gas but yes batteries are faster but give it time battery operated rc will sky rocket in price...not saying gas wont either but thats what i heard...Plus i have neightbors and they really just don't know what to think of a pissed out weed wacker...hahah

Obeast44

Banned
Yup they have a majority on the rare earth minerals needed to make the motors. So they are basically setting their own price.

redcat racer 89

danbohn said:
I just bought a 29.5 wild child from dogpileracing.com... so hopefully its fast i aslo changed the clutch spring to 8000rpm and i am putting on hpi tires (bowties) and rims.. but i also had to buy the adaptors to make the hpi rims fit. they are 23mm rims. I got the tuned redcat exhuast but when this winter comes this is going and a much better pipe is going on.. did you gain any tops speen with that motor you bought cy29cc? i was looking there to but dogpileracing claimed they were better and faster but not buy much
I just ordered my engine yesterday,I havnt recieved it yet,so idk how it performs

danbohn

Yeah I just ordered mine friday let me know how it does..Cause the way i have it setup with the stock motor and the 8000 rpm clutch and plus i turned the the 2 gears around i got clocked at 34 with the lid on and 37 with the lid off with a radar gun..What about you..

Underdog

Advertiser
Vendor
Thanks for the support Dan. Your engine is on it's way. Please feel free to drop me an email with any questions or concerns about the engine. I have a feeling you will be pretty pleased with it's performance.

[email protected]

danbohn

i cant wait im real excited.. Lots of ppl at the hobby shop cant wait either. First one in my hobby shop upgrade to that big of a motor...PPl keep asking me when am i going to to get...I keep telling them soon... Thanks for the update..

Underdog

Advertiser
Vendor
danbohn said:
i cant wait im real excited.. Lots of ppl at the hobby shop cant wait either. First one in my hobby shop upgrade to that big of a motor...PPl keep asking me when am i going to to get...I keep telling them soon... Thanks for the update..
I sent the tracking info to you. Should only take a couple days to arrive.

Thanks

DemonRC

Dan, your gonna like the Wildchild motor. I see several run every weekend from my HPI buds and they are impressive.

danbohn

Yup i got the tracking number thanks tge quick response..You great person to work.defently recommanding ppl to buy from you

GWB3gs

I have a RAMPAGE XT MONSTER TRUCK...So i already put on a tuned exhuast.. That made a big difference. But now i want to change the gearing!!! Anyone have any idea what the stock gearing is? And if so what is it? Have you changed yours..... what did u change it to??? What tooth? Is there any other hopups that you can do to make it run faster without putting in a bigger motor...

Next do you buy that dual steering kit or buy a really servo?

expertbasser

MY neighbors are assholes. They are constantly mowing, leaf blowing, getting drunk & staying up til 3am. I ? my gas (& loud AF pipe). Because they deserve to be woke up at 6am on a Saturday or Sunday morning at 6 -7am by the sound of my xt blasting up & down the street. ?

& I'm 56 years old!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.