• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Go faster With Rampage Xt

danbohn

I have a RAMPAGE XT MONSTER TRUCK...So i already put on a tuned exhuast.. That made a big difference. But now i want to change the gearing!!! Anyone have any idea what the stock gearing is? And if so what is it? Have you changed yours..... what did u change it to??? What tooth? Is there any other hopups that you can do to make it run faster without putting in a bigger motor...

Next do you buy that dual steering kit or buy a really servo?

rob64n

Contributor
buy a good servo, and gearing. the stock is 29/31 you can reverse them or you can try 33/27 mcd gears, that's what i've been running.

danbohn

Did it go alot faster when u put those gears in? 33/27 mcd gears?

DemonRC

Try flipping them to 31/29 first and see how you like them. The next step would be the 33/27 like Rob said. You'll see quite a difference between 29/31 and 31/29. Jumping from 29/31 to 33/27 is a really big difference. You may bog the lowend without a 8000 RPM clutch and a decent pipe.

danbohn

I tried yesturday flipping those 2 gears..29/31.... but i couldnt get the second one on.. It would be the one that doesn't come off the motor.. I think that was the 31..... it wouldnt go on the motor shaft.. but the other one went on fine...I am i doing something wrong...Is there a trick to it.... i didnt want to force it on there.. But it will fit..Where do u get these 8,000 rpm clutches at... do they help...what do they do... And i already have a pipe probely aint the best thing in the world but i got one of REDCATS pipes

DustyR3825

Banned
danbohn said:
I tried yesturday flipping those 2 gears..29/31.... but i couldnt get the second one on.. It would be the one that doesn't come off the motor.. I think that was the 31..... it wouldnt go on the motor shaft.. but the other one went on fine...I am i doing something wrong...Is there a trick to it.... i didnt want to force it on there.. But it will fit..Where do u get these 8,000 rpm clutches at... do they help...what do they do... And i already have a pipe probely aint the best thing in the world but i got one of REDCATS pipes
The 8000 clutch spring does make a difference as far as take off speed. The spring causes the motor to rev up more before the clutch grabs. I run the HPI 8000 spring on my XB. I know that Dave's Discount Motors carries them. As far as the Pipe I run a JetPro SidePipe. Great investment and well worth the money. The only other upgrade I have done is add a HPI Air Cleaner and a Phat Daddy Inclined Shread Stack to help the HPI filter miss the Throttle/Brake servo arm since it is a lot bigger than the stock filter. With those few improvements it is a night a day difference in performance.

Last edited by a moderator:

danbohn

So i just order that 8000 rpm clutch spring but i am also looking in buying a new motor..What do ya think I should get.. Where..What kind

Obeast44

Banned
Ive been hearing nothing but good things about Underdog's Wildchild motors. It might be worth giving one of them a shot, shoot him a PM on here or one of the many other forums :D

ImminentFailure

I hear G290 4 bolt is a great one. Not to hard on the wallet, great for those who aren't super hardcore.

danbohn

i was thinking aaround 500 just for the motor... That should be a pretty good budget? Plus this is the the motor me and the hobby shop where kinda looking in to:

ESP Modified & ESP Fully Ported 30.5cc Zenoah 4-Bolt Engine 4.5+ HP

Last edited by a moderator:

ImminentFailure

That's a pretty fat budget for a motor. You are in for a world of awesome. 30.5 CC is popular these days, 4 bolt is the only way to go when replacing stock. I think almost everyone favors and will recommend Zenoah. I Would run that motor any day.

danbohn

I figured i already spent this much on the truck.. why not GO BIG OR GO HOME....

danbohn

I figureed that i have already invested this much on the truck, bought a pipe flipped the gears and put in a 8000rpm clutch i might as well go big or go home.. the way i have it set up now i was clocked doing 34 with the lid on and 27 with the lid off...Have any other up hops i can do... I know i have been looking for adaptor for the wheels.. I really don't want to start changing the parts for aluminum parts until i start breaking them

redcat racer 89

I bought my engine from ddm,it's a cy29cc with a stuffed crank rated at 3.5+ hp,plus my tuned pipe is rated to add 1.5-2hp,a walbro 998 carb,k&n filter and msd sparkplug wire,I'm looking at close to 5-5.5hp,that's alot for my xb

Dirtconvert

Should have gone electric. Stock electrics are faster than what you have described, not to mention more reliable, no tuning, lighter, cleaner and easier to maintain. I gps'd my xbe at 49.8mph and that was in a small space. Just my two cents. Gas are great if you have no neighbors.

Deluge

redcat racer 89 said:
I bought my engine from ddm,it's a cy29cc with a stuffed crank rated at 3.5+ hp,plus my tuned pipe is rated to add 1.5-2hp,a walbro 998 carb,k&n filter and msd sparkplug wire,I'm looking at close to 5-5.5hp,that's alot for my xb
I'd change that K&N filter if you plan on running in the dirt. They don't offer much protection. An HPI filter, or something similar would be better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts