• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Getting Venom to connect

UrbnRzqr

Trying to figure if this venom battery I ordered will fit my MT's RX connector.

In previous posts it says it won't connect but the plugs in images look similar.

Are they not both JST connectors...

Could anyone post advise what connector I would need...

Would this work...

http://www.banggood.com/On-or-Off-Switch-Connector-Plug-JST-Male-Female-Wire-For-RC-Li-po-Battery-p-77399.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-10-Pairs-2-Pin-JST-Plug-Connector-Cable-Wire-Male-Female-110mm-/331221700752

UrbnRzqr

RampageHopUps said:
Yes, that is a Baja battery. You will have to remove one of those and solder on the JST.
Alright do you think local hobby shops supply these connectors..

Would prevent me from having to order. Guess I'll call around. Thanks

rcgasser said:
I just file down the connector on the venom battery it is just plastic and it will work just fine.
Does it stay in securely, still haven't installed a kill switch. I'm assuming filing it down and periodically checking for fitment would be the best way to do this.

UrbnRzqr

Should have asked this too, will the battery fit in a stock RX box on a new MT...

Know theres been issues in the past. My current box has a little xtra real estate.

UrbnRzqr

rcgasser said:
I just file down the connector on the venom battery it is just plastic and it will work just fine.
Awesome this worked perfectly.... Problem solved in a few minutes. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts