• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Getting rid of my rampage.

thejones

I have tried everything in my power to get this pos started. Redcat said I could either send it back or go to a hobby store so they can look at it. I'm pretty sure it will cost a bomb to send back and if I can't figure out what's wrong with it for myself I will just sell it and by another gun.

Mikev7

Hi I just purchased a xt. These trucks do have a high level of crapitis to them, that's for sure. Mine broke 3 times before I took it out the box. The 2 stroke engine however is a timid animal no matter where you get one from. What you need to do is reset your carb back to the factory settings. I think it's 1 1/2 turn for the high speed needle and 1 1/4 turn for the low speed. A good thing to do if it's flooded (which it is) is to hold the throttle wide open with the choke off and pull till it starts. It works every time.

thejones

It still isn't budging. I reset the needles and then pulled the cord til my arm almost fell off.

Mikev7

No problem. When a carburetd engine won't start, always open the choke and the throttle. It should always start after a "few" pulls. Never keep choking it and pressing the primer bulb. EVER!

douglas r

I have tried everything in my power to get this pos started. Redcat said I could either send it back or go to a hobby store so they can look at it. I'm pretty sure it will cost a bomb to send back and if I can't figure out what's wrong with it for myself I will just sell it and by another gun.
Hi , Im Doug in washington state
Did you figure out ur Rampage ? iS THERE A DIFFERENT TYPE YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN TRADING FOR ? iVE GOT 30 NITRO CARS ALL VERY DEPENDABLE 8TH & 10TH, OR WHAT WOULD YOU WANT FOR YOUR RAMPAGE, ALSO WHICH MODEL IS UR RAMPAGE ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.