• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Get to Clutch

Speedy059

What is the best way to take off the gears? How do you keep them in place so you can torque off the bolts without ruining the gears? I bought a new clutch and would like to install it. However it looks like the gears need to come off and i'm not exactly sure how to keep them still without ruining everything.

Thanks

PISTOL PETE

i use a rag and channel locks to hold the gears still when i tighten/loosen them. you shouldnt have to grip them tight enough to damage them. as far as installing a clutch onto your engine goes you will have to remove the engine. the clutch bell stays in the gear holder and the clutch shoes and spring come out with the engine

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

Removing the engine is the way to go. Just remember where the fuel lines go, if you remove them. That'll cause some issues.

When I remove my gears, I use the HPI trick. Basically, just take a spare gear and lock them up with it.

Speedy059

So instead of removing any gears to get to the clutch, you really just need to remove the engine?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.