Gearing options

Petrolheadz100

My chimera has stock metal gears bug i don't know if they are steel or aluminum...i like the fact that they included alum chassis and hinge pin holders...not too bad. Tore the whole thing down as im planning on ordering outerwear and probably the amuminum gear plate , just don't know where to get the part number for the chimera 20180225_162015.jpg

Wayne

The gear plate is the same for all Redcat X series/Chimera and the MT vehicles. Do not get the aluminum Redcat X series gear plate, it has small bearings. If you go Redcat, get the aluminum MT plate, it has larger bearings. 7075RC makes the best parts for the X series and Chimera vehicles. The gear plate that 7075RC makes has the larger bearings and one additional bearing that fits on the motor side of the plate. I would check the 7075RC web site before upgrading any parts and if he sells the part I would defiantly purchase it from him. I have all the parts he sells for the X series and have found them the be the most durable and performance enhancing upgrades available by far. The Chimera is a X series vehicle along with the XB, and XT.

Petrolheadz100

The gear plate is the same for all Redcat X series/Chimera and the MT vehicles. Do not get the aluminum Redcat X series gear plate, it has small bearings. If you go Redcat, get the aluminum MT plate, it has larger bearings. 7075RC makes the best parts for the X series and Chimera vehicles. The gear plate that 7075RC makes has the larger bearings and one additional bearing that fits on the motor side of the plate. I would check the 7075RC web site before upgrading any parts and if he sells the part I would defiantly purchase it from him. I have all the parts he sells for the X series and have found them the be the most durable and performance enhancing upgrades available by far. The Chimera is a X series vehicle along with the XB, and XT.
Just checked out the 7075rc plate definately looks solid, great reviews too, but he mentions its hollow and intended for on road use only, wonder how far that goes any experience wih this plate?

Wayne

I see he now sells two versions of the gear plate, one for on road that has a skeleton design and one for off road that does not have the cutouts. I am speaking of his Gear Plate that cost $90. I have the off road version and have had it for a couple of years with no problem. I am sure they are both extremely sturdy and will prevent any flex. Flex is the main source of transmission problems. On his web site he addresses the advantages of one over the other and basically says the off road version will help prevent debris form getting into the vehicle and drive train. If you purchase his Gear Plate you should also get the Lay Shaft which is $35 to replace the plastic Lay Shaft on the original vehicle. If you purchase the Redcat MT aluminum Gear Plate I think it comes with an aluminum Lay Shaft. The Chimera may already have an aluminum Lay Shaft also. I will again stress, I feel 7075RC parts are better than any other on the market for the X series vehicles and if he made a part I were replacing I would defiantly purchase his.

Members online

Latest posts