Gearing options

G

andyken said:
Where do you get the 24-26 gears? Are they redcat?
They are not available for the 4pin drive system. You can get 29-31-25-25 which is almost the same. You won't notice a difference between 24-26 and 25-25.

acerc

Has anyone came out with a mean's for slowing the Rampage MT down? I would really like to reduce the speed and get a much better bottom end.

acerc

Ildy666 said:
That's a first
I prefer more of a true to life monster truck. I raised the body to get a better look, now I'd like to slow it down. The fella at the hobby store said there might be a belt drive that has the gearing for slowing it down but has no clue where to get it. I have googled my ass off and can't find anything.

Phill

acerc said:
I prefer more of a true to life monster truck. I raised the body to get a better look, now I'd like to slow it down. The fella at the hobby store said there might be a belt drive that has the gearing for slowing it down but has no clue where to get it. I have googled my ass off and can't find anything.
Have you run it yet?

I'll give it about 10 minutes before you want it going faster.

acerc

Phill said:
Have you run it yet?I'll give it about 10 minutes before you want it going faster.
I have not yet, but, I have had others and did not want faster. Just not my thing in trucks, I have a Mugen MRX on road for speed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phill

acerc said:
I have not yet, but, I have had others and did not want faster. Just not my thing.
In that case the lowest gearing you'll find is about 25/35/25/25

Most belt drives are 1:1 so will be too fast for you.

Here is a gear chart for you

gearchartrampage_zpsd66ec2be.jpg

acerc

I know this is a stupid question and probably been asked before but, will the A/B gears fit the C/D position?

Phill

acerc said:
I know this is a stupid question and probably been asked before but, will the A/B gears fit the C/D position?
No idea but it wouldn't be hard to try.

I suppose if it could be done it would be listed in the chart.

acerc

Sorry for the stupidity of questions. I just received the truck today and other than raise the body have not had time to do anything else. I will check and see if they are interchangeable. If they are then the 24/36 on both the A/B and C/D would slow it down a good bit. I'll check it out tomorrow, thanks!

Phill

Questions aren't stupid - it's how you learn.

I don't like your chances though.

I think the physical size of the larger gears will stop you from putting them on C/D shafts.

Ice_2k

If I recall corectly, the centers of the c/d gears are closer to each other than those of the a/b gears so 25/35 will not fit on c/d. The dunerunner has 29/31/26/24, you can get the c/d gears from that and end up with 25/35/24/26, I think that's as high as you'll get.

acerc

Phill said:
Questions aren't stupid - it's how you learn.I don't like your chances though.

I think the physical size of the larger gears will stop you from putting them on C/D shafts.
I pulled them this morning and had a look. The 25 A is identical to the 25C and the 25D is the same with exception to the hub (where the nut goes against) is thicker, a shoulder offset. So that won't work.

Ice_2k said:
If I recall corectly, the centers of the c/d gears are closer to each other than those of the a/b gears so 25/35 will not fit on c/d. The dunerunner has 29/31/26/24, you can get the c/d gears from that and end up with 25/35/24/26, I think that's as high as you'll get.
Thank you, I will look them up.

Last edited by a moderator:

acerc

Ok guys here is what I have came up with. I went back playing with the gears positioning. Gear D threw me the first time around with the shoulder plus it is a wider gear than C. Turns out I can swap C and D and all that changes is the side the offset is on with D. Then I went looking at the dunerunner as Ice_2k mentioned, according to the schematics they are pretty much the same chassis. The blade does have a different gear arrangement, I suppose because of the tires and such. Long story short the gears from the Blade should fit the Mt. What I will try to go with is 24/36 and 24/26, I am currently at 25/35 and 25/25. That is not a lot of a difference but should slow it down a bit.

Thanks for the help.

acerc

Final getting through the break in enough to goose it a good bit. It seems to be geared much lower than those I had seen on you tube. But then, early this morning I watched two vids where they were no where near as fast as the others and had a much better of the line punch. With what I have seen with the limited gearing I would have to say the last two were stock gearing like mine. If or when the other gears come in they will add just a bit more in making it a better "Monster Truck". I did have to put a vent on the tank to keep it from leaning out during the break-in, of which I read was a problem anyways so no big deal. All In all, I love this truck, and I haven't even began to really run it.

Members online

Latest posts