Gearing options

rocdog75

I know what you mean, I have just blown out two full sets myself on the second tank. Whats up with that? These stock gears are junk!!!!

racetruck

you also need to check the gear mash here is a pic what they should look like the gears have 3 tanks of fuel on them

P6210024.jpg

if you have this gear plate the gear mash will be to far apart and will burn up gears

P6210022.jpg

I also put this dry moly lube on my gears

drymoly.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jackson

i run a stock MT only thing is the tarmac tires and baja ss pipe haven't yet melt or stripped a gear, some what i think it's not much the gears but how well your gear cover is sealed ! since am running the V3 vented clutch bell heat decipation is way better! but just in case i do have a 30.5cc waiting to go in not yet i'll be running the stock 26 till it give's up also i got the set of stell gears as well just in case no complaint's there for me speed is also fine i mean it could be way faster if the diff's were lighter! i took mine MT appart and the only thing that weighted the most was the diffs not the chassis!

ipsagel

kun114 said:
Can't help on the gear sizes. I just refer to the chart on the first page of this thread. I could be wrong, but I thought I read in one of the threads that you need to stick to the 25t gears for C and D and alter gears A and B to change gear ratio.
I'd give the aluminum gearplate a try before whiching to metal gears.

I'm running a race modded 30.5cc with the ali gearplate and plastic gears, and have yet stripped or see much of any wear on the plastic gears.[/QUOT

Just a tip not to make confused with the gear sizes. A&B if you sum it up it will give you a total of 60, Ex. 25&35, 29&31 while C&D they sum up to 50. C&D gears are just the receiver of the load transfered from A&B and you have to stick on it. Only A&B gears are need to be changed with those available options.

max 1

try the new steal gears that come on the new red cats they are holding up very well i have 4 tanks on them and no wear at all.and gear carier #07135 has bearing in it,

James1996

v555 said:
stock-35,25,25,25 for faster options look at the top of thread
As quoted above you said for faster options look above that is the fast option as it is #7 I think or 8. I herd that # 1 is toque and #8 is speed. and I thought the redcat rampage comes with a high torque ratio of # 1

G

No they will not. To make them fit you need to swap the gear plate, clutch bell and lay shafts.

jackson

lots of work and new parts might as well stick with the 31/29 25/25

still cant find those 31 when i do it wont shipp to brazil that sucks !

andyken

RCDAD said:
No they will not. To make them fit you need to swap the gear plate, clutch bell and lay shafts.
Where do you get the 24-26 gears? Are they redcat?

Members online

Latest posts