Gearing options

Does anyone have pictures of the pinion / spur of the Rampage? Does the motor slide to make gearing changes?

Are there many gearing options available?

RampageHopUps

The gears have to be changed as a set. The motor does not slide, which is a good thing.

I will have metal gears available for the 25T gears, which take the most load.

RampageHopUps

I don't think so. I think the shafts have different centerlines, so that won't work. Redcat has the aluminum options coming shortly.

Skater229

Kaz the Minotaur said:
So you have to change all 4 gears together?
Which one of the above is the pinion on the motor?
Look at the chart, C&D are the same in all gear set-ups... and to answer your ? Gear A is the pinion from the motor/clutch...

Skater

Last edited by a moderator:
My brains in the gutter tonight and can't think straight, gear ratio 1 will give best top speed and 8 will be highest torque right?

just pulled it apart and it's the a and b that are toast, but the c and d won't lastmuch longer. Mising about 6 screws on the bottom and i just checked them all before i went out. Tried replacing but all the holes are stripped. (front diff bolts and steering wiper arms)

Skater229

I have seen on the other forums that they are changing gears C&D also (on MCD trucks, not sure if can be done on Rampage) ... Larger C and Smaller D should bump the speed... Not sure what it will do on the power side...

Skater

M

magnum57

i left the 25's the same and changed to mcd gears 27/33. great for lo end as well as top end. if u go crazy with gears u give up one or the other in lo or top end. this combo seems to work best fir both worlds. :D

Members online

Latest posts