• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gear grinding or shaving?

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
I'd replace both. If the screws were the issue, just replace the gears. You can reuse the screws. And yes, you need to loctite them. Use blue loctite.Pinion Gear

Diff. Gear
What are your thoughts on Demon's bolt add on to a four longer screws mod for the crown gear? Or is loctite good enough?

Deluge

Either method will work. If it were me, I'd still use loctite with the longer bolts and nuts. Considering the amount of vibration 5th scales have to deal with, it couldn't hurt.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Either method will work. If it were me, I'd still use loctite with the longer bolts and nuts. Considering the amount of vibration 5th scales have to deal with, it couldn't hurt.
Very good idea. I hate to re-mount engine all the time because of stupid crown screws.... Do you think home depot will have those longer screws?

Deluge

Possibly. If you have an Ace nearby, I'd take a screw over and see what they have. You'd have to ask Demon how much longer it needs to be.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Possibly. If you have an Ace nearby, I'd take a screw over and see what they have. You'd have to ask Demon how much longer it needs to be.
I'll probably bring the whole crown and tranny over there :D I think if its long enough to hold the locking bolt in place and not too long to where it effects the stability then it would be nice don't you think?

ChuenouXiao

DemonRC said:
Take a closeer picture of the big crown gear and the small pinion gear for us to see. We could then give you a better guess on whether you should replace them or not. Also, I've used longer bolts in the big crown gear and put nuts on the other side so that it will never come loose again.Also, you asked if I was the one making the 2 speed. Yes I am. I'll take more credit for it once I actually get it into a customer's hands :)
Demon, can you give me the length specification of the longer screw mod with your bolt so I can purchase the right length?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts